ATI Catalyst Control Centre

Javioli

This software bugs the rubbish out of me - WHY won't it remember which order I have my Eyefinity screens in, and why does it insist on jumbling up the icons on the desktop??!??

...Yep I'm using the latest drivers and I've created profiles in CCC :angry2:

Has anyone found a way to improve its performance???

Edited by Javioli

I was having similar issues in the past and after installing a bunch of different versions ended up with 'AMD Vision Engine Control Centre'. Works fine for me, might be worth trying to find it.

Thanks very much, I'll try it.

Is this a replacement for the Catalyst suite (ie. driver and front-end software)? And do you know if it supports Eyefinity (as I use 3x monitors).

All I can say is that I never had a problem with my NVidia software forgetting which way around I'd setup my monitors. :lol:

Nightmare time.

• I uninstalled the AMD / ATI software and deleted any AMD or ATI directories that were still there.
  • I installed the "VISION engine control" drivers and software suite, hoping it would replace the horrid CCC software.
  • Interestingly the Catalyst Control Centre was still there (so it either hadn't been uninstalled or had been re-installed).
  • However now my middle monitor won't show the picture to the edges of the screen. It's either the full 1920x1080 resolution *in HD TV mode* and has 1" of black space around the edges, or it's in "Basic" mode (which the other 2 monitors are) at a reduced resolution of 1680x1050.
  • I downloaded DriverSweeper and tried it though I'm not sure of this helped. I also ran Registry Mechanic to clean up any other mess left by uninstalling.
  • Reboot and run Device Manager which shows me a generic VGA card with "no drivers installed". Excellent, I know I'm completely free of drivers and can re-install the right ones.
  • I reinstalled the latest version of the full AMD Catalyst Suite.
  • As far as I know I'm back using the drivers I was but STILL the middle monitor won't go to the edges. Repeating; it's either the full (as it should be) 1920x1080 resolution *in HD TV mode* and has 1" of black space around the edges, or it's in "Basic" mode (which the other 2 monitors are) at a reduced resolution of 1680x1050.

It wasn't like this before I messed about with the drivers. No hardware has changed.

HELP!!

PC Spec;

ABIT IX48-GT3 Socket 775

Intel Core2Quad Q9400 (2.66Ghz)

8Gb Corsair TwinX DDR3 1333

ATI 5870 (3x monitors)

Win 7 64-bit