Which Tablet?

Shikari

Hey guys,

Flippin' time out thing.

So, I'm looking at getting a tablet for my birthday, which would you reccomend? I'm looking for a general purpose 7"-ish tablet, for dossing about on the internet etc without the bulk of a laptop. I quite like the look of the Kindle Fire HD, but don't like the user interface, but I also like the Nexus 7, but not sure how i'd go about rooting it etc, and whether that'd even be worth it.

If any tablet uses would like to share their experince of their tablets it'd be appreciated,

Thanks,

Edited by Shikari

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoneForgotten

• Shikari

• Deek

• GordonH

Nexus 7 seems to not play nice with lots of apps. Stay away from the kindle fire its not really android and many useful things won't work. Checkout the galaxy tab 7.7. Light, good form factor and good android build.

• Like 1

If you specifically want a 7" tab, get the Nexus. It's the best out there at the mo.

Co-dydramol 10mg are quite good!

v0_prodweb.jpg

Sod swallowing that in 7" size.

• Like 1

Sod swallowing that in 7" size.

Could be worse. Could be a suppository.

The galaxy tab 7.7 is just too expensive for me. I thought the Kindle Fire could sideload google play/android apps though...

not considered the mini ipad? cheaper than the galaxy and best UI of them all!

http://www.apple.com...-mini/overview/

But it's an apple...

I see the Nexus is more expensive than the galaxy?

http://www.itproportal.com/2012/07/27/google-nexus-7-vs-samsung-galaxy-tab-2-70---specs-comparison/

Implies not a massive difference.

I have a ASUS Transformer Prime, love it to bits, having a full keyboard that works as a battery as well is a great feature. Loads of battery life + the flexibility.

iPad mini by far and away the best 7" tablet out there, according to reviews. And it only launched today!

Must be true, all of that insight born out of weeks of living with the device, getting to know it's foib...oh. wait.

I think you need to decide if you want apple or android in the first instance.

• Like 1

There is a 32GB Nexus available now for £199. Avoid the Kindle at all costs.

I have a HTC One X phone, Asus Transformer (original) and will probably get myself a Nexus simply for the portability of it soon.

My mother has just switched from an old style kindle to a tablet, she was looking at the Fire but after a quick look at the Nexus she was sold on it, two weeks later we've not found any apps that she wants/needs that don't work on it yet. She totally loves it.

I wonder if due to the fact that there are so many sizes available apps for the adroid might start being a lot more flexible on the layout in future, so more will be compatible.

But it's an apple...

I see the Nexus is more expensive than the galaxy?

http://www.itproport...ecs-comparison/

Implies not a massive difference.

How do you work that out?

The Google Nexus 7 costs £159 for the 8GB version, or £199 for the 16GB model. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 has a price of £197 or £232, for the 8GB and 16GB Wi-Fi versions, respectively (prices from Amazon).

I did a google search for prices, I was referring to the article for a feature comparison.

I just got a call from my parents, my dad has now also bought a Nexus. I saw a report the other day that said Asus were shipping 1mil units a month right now.