Hotmail migration to Outlook

G.Retriever

Hello fellow Hotmail users.

I have had my hotmail account since I was young and have been very pleased with it.

Recently Hotmail announced it was to become @Outlook.com which mean't registering a new email address.

Since using Outlook.com I have found it very very slow and at times impossible to access my mail.

Can someone tell me whether I can keep my [email protected] address (or my new [email protected] address) while not having to use outlook.com as my mail platform?

If this is possible, could someone recommend some good ones?

I apologise if this is a really silly question! :new_wave:

I made a new Outlook account thinking that I couldn't keep my Hotmail account, but yes you can keep your old Hotmail account. if you log onto www.hotmail.com and link the 2 accounts you've made (outlook and your old hotmail) you can quickly switch between both. You can also choose to have the new hotmail layout or the old (I prefer the new)

It will take some time to get used to but I'm sure you'll like it, I do :) If all else fails, you can always try gMail ;)

I made a new Outlook account thinking that I couldn't keep my Hotmail account, but yes you can keep your old Hotmail account. if you log onto www.hotmail.com and link the 2 accounts you've made (outlook and your old hotmail) you can quickly switch between both. You can also choose to have the new hotmail layout or the old (I prefer the new)

It will take some time to get used to but I'm sure you'll like it, I do :) If all else fails, you can always try gMail ;)

Thans Rachael. I stopped using Hotmail.com because I thought they were shutting it down imminently.

Apparently not so I will see if I am able to go back onto it.

Cheers.

Ps. I for some reason don't like gmail!

Thans Rachael. I stopped using Hotmail.com because I thought they were shutting it down imminently.

Apparently not so I will see if I am able to go back onto it.

Cheers.

Ps. I for some reason don't like gmail!

It's working for the moment, I'm not sure what the plans are to shut it down! But you can also access outlook.com then switch between accounts. The only thing is. When logging onto hotmail.com you can log in with either your Hotmail or Outlook account, but on Outlook.com you can only log in with the Outlook account then switch to the hotmail account. sounds confusing, but works really well :)

Great. It's outlook.com that is doing my nut. Just does not agree with my laptop or my internet or something.

#backtohotmailIgo

Great. It's outlook.com that is doing my nut. Just does not agree with my laptop or my internet or something.

#backtohotmailIgo

Ha what browser do you use? I use Safari!

Ha what browser do you use? I use Safari!

Yea Safari too.

I downloaded Maxthon too the other day after spotting it in another thread.

Will stop procrastinating now and will go on hotmail and see if it works for me. :new_yes:

Edited by csc2290