Place to stay while training

binesy11

Hello all,

New to the site

Ive passed my Day 2 for a PCSO role in the MPS. Now im just waiting for my start day to come round.

Ive had it in my head that i will be able to stay at Hendon Police College to do training as i live 2 and a half hours away, but this seems to have changed as ive found out today you can no longer stay there while undergoing training.

Has anyone else had the same issue in the past or present, or planning to rent and need a room mate at all?

Bit stuck on options at the moment and was interested to see peoples experiences or any help.

thanks

You could try MPS Chat, Help Me sections of this forum. There should be someone who can help on here, surely?

Have a look on spareroom.co.uk?

yeah i looked on there... seen some decent rooms on there.

You could try MPS Chat, Help Me sections of this forum. There should be someone who can help on here, surely?

Will have a look now... thanks

hello

Been advised to put a thread on this section.

Basiclly i start my training soon for the MPS and i had my hopes on staying in Hendon, until today when i found out the you cant actully stay there anymore.

Has anyone else had the same issue this year, are people renting and need a room mate as I am looking for a place to stay for a short amount of time.

thanks

I just commuted to mine on a daily basis

Takes me two and a half hours though otherwise i would lol

Takes me two and a half hours though otherwise i would lol

Ouch! Maybe not then..haha

hello

Been advised to put a thread on this section.

Basiclly i start my training soon for the MPS and i had my hopes on staying in Hendon, until today when i found out the you cant actully stay there anymore.

Has anyone else had the same issue this year, are people renting and need a room mate as I am looking for a place to stay for a short amount of time.

thanks

Hi Nick,

How long is your training and what is it for? MSC?

Theres a fair few B&B'S in the area that house students at Hendon that might be worth a look into as they would do you a deal no doubt?

What are you going to do when you're actually in the job and having to travel everyday to work?

Hi Nick,

How long is your training and what is it for? MSC?

Theres a fair few B&B'S in the area that house students at Hendon that might be worth a look into as they would do you a deal no doubt?

ok thanks...will have a look at a few B&B's then. Its only for roughly 8 weeks, ive been told at the moment. Just the PCSO training it the MPS

What are you going to do when you're actually in the job and having to travel everyday to work?

I am going to be traveling up to south London every day, only 45minutes on train. But Hendon being in north London takes to long for train and car.

Ouch! Maybe not then..haha

yeah little bit too far for my liking lol

I'm in the same boat as you, although I don't live as far i'd still rather be close to Hendon. I'm looking to get a hotel for the duration of the training - maybe booking in advance will save some money.

As leaving at 6am and getting home at 20:00 won't leave much revision time!! :-)