Legal Advice

CFAV

Not sure if this is the right place but any info would be appreciated.

I'm currently in the process of obtaining a Contact Order so I can see my daughter, what i would like to know if anyone can assist is does the order have to contain specific days and times or can it just state a minimum ime period per week that my ex has to make my daughter available for!

much appreciated

CFAV

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. PoliceSpecials.com disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Reference Library' and 'Downloads' areas.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

I strongly suggest you talk to a solicitor about this. Even if you can't afford one to do all the work, even one or two meetings to ask questions will be hugely beneficial. This is not the kind of thing you want to guess on (not just this question - I mean custody proceedings and family law generally).

However, as a *general* rule, it's usually a good idea to get any agreements in writing in as much detail as possible - it makes it harder to wriggle out of.

You're right, this is not the right place for this thread...

Moved to Help Me, and I think you would need to contact a solicitor.

Not sure if this is the right place but any info would be appreciated.

I'm currently in the process of obtaining a Contact Order so I can see my daughter, what i would like to know if anyone can assist is does the order have to contain specific days and times or can it just state a minimum ime period per week that my ex has to make my daughter available for!

much appreciated

CFAV

If your in the process of obtaining a Contact Order, then your legal representative will make amicable arrangements with your ex wife/partner. You will need a solicitor to apply for one, so speak to them mate. That's what you pay Dick Turpin fees for!

• Like 1

A contact order can be obtained without the use of a solicitor!

Thanks for the help

A contact order can be obtained without the use of a solicitor!

Thanks for the help

Hence why your asking questions then.

If your applying direct to the Court, then seek all your advice from them!

Edited by pmtts

Yes we're not a drop in centre as has already been pointed out. If you don't want to pay for legal advice then there are other options such as CAB. Good luck and I hope the situation resolves itself to your satisfaction.

Thread closed.