Hand Conditioning

MrKguy

Have any of you ever practised it? Mainly martial arts followers?

For those of you no knowing what Im talking about conditioning a part of your body is making it more " hard " or durable, able to take impact etc..

For the hand or fist one it is repeatedly over months and years punching hard objects with control not enough to injure but to cause tiny breaks ( When I mean tiny I mean tiny, microscopic , once healed they strengthen, same principle as gaining muscle ) in the bones that make your knuckles go red, and after years of doing this you get natural knuckle dusters. I have been doing it for about 6 months and I have seen a difference. I use a sangbag - My martial art is the one that told me what to use , wing chun.

This filled with sand, 1063_th.jpg

For those not doing It I would reccomend for the job, Also doing it to your arms and legs ( easy way is making a cheap wooden dummy

SpinningWoodenDummy__45126_std.jpg

( just the arms are needed ) and hitting your arms on them, after month and years you will build up very very hard arms and if somebody attacks you and you block, it will hurt THEM.

This is a safe method and is natural and is your body's natrual response so it is not causing harm and will NOT give any long term effects as the strengthening process is gradual and controlled, just posting this as I thought some people may benefit from it if they do not already know :)

It makes you feel safer walking the streets knowing your fists can square up-to a normal guy with a knuckle duster :new_boxing: ( well if you train enough )

Edited by MrKguy
  • Like 1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrKguy

• Dave SYP

• i-plod

• J10

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read the title I thought you meant moisturising :new_doh2: :w00t:

• Like 5

I thought it was going to be something related to Aircon for your hands.

I thought it was going to be something related to Aircon for your hands.

As you lot know my topics can be a little > Wierd.

Press ups on your knuckles on a hard floor, Makiwara board for fist, knife hand, ridge hand and spear hand techniques etc seem to have worked for me in the past!

• Like 1

Have any of you ever practised it? Mainly martial arts followers?

For those of you no knowing what Im talking about conditioning a part of your body is making it more " hard " or durable, able to take impact etc..

For the hand or fist one it is repeatedly over months and years punching hard objects with control not enough to injure but to cause tiny breaks ( When I mean tiny I mean tiny, microscopic , once healed they strengthen, same principle as gaining muscle ) in the bones that make your knuckles go red, and after years of doing this you get natural knuckle dusters. I have been doing it for about 6 months and I have seen a difference. I use a sangbag - My martial art is the one that told me what to use , wing chun.

This filled with sand, 1063_th.jpg

For those not doing It I would reccomend for the job, Also doing it to your arms and legs ( easy way is making a cheap wooden dummy

SpinningWoodenDummy__45126_std.jpg

( just the arms are needed ) and hitting your arms on them, after month and years you will build up very very hard arms and if somebody attacks you and you block, it will hurt THEM.

This is a safe method and is natural and is your body's natrual response so it is not causing harm and will NOT give any long term effects as the strengthening process is gradual and controlled, just posting this as I thought some people may benefit from it if they do not already know :)

It makes you feel safer walking the streets knowing your fists can square up-to a normal guy with a knuckle duster :new_boxing: ( well if you train enough )

But we only use open hand techniques on the street... :ninja: :new_shhh:

But we only use open hand techniques on the street... :ninja: :new_shhh:

:aok:

awesome thanks for posting this has sparked some interest.

I remember seeing videos of the Grandmaster Ip Man (Trained Bruce lee) doing this kind of training.

awesome thanks for posting this has sparked some interest.

I remember seeing videos of the Grandmaster Ip Man (Trained Bruce lee) doing this kind of training.

No problem I am glad It has done that, :)

My Dads sifu's ( master, in wing chun sifu is your teacher , master etc.. ) sifu was trained by Ip mans son, so I am learning the lineage direct, Not some school that teaches for money. If you want I can give you more advice so send me a message if you need. Will be willing to help.

Hand conditioning for me, is a pint of Guinness in one and a meat pie in the other. :whistle::saint::rolleyes: :D

• Like 4

Hand conditioning for me, is a pint of Guinness in one and a meat pie in the other. :whistle::saint::rolleyes: :D

Pukka_Pies.jpeg

• Like 1

Ha I bet it is! Well I'm not sure what it is I'm doing but my left arm is definitely stronger than my right.

• Like 2

Ha I bet it is! Well I'm not sure what it is I'm doing but my left arm is definitely stronger than my right.

You should change at 99 ! :new_shhh: :w00t::whistle:

Very interesting. I remember Chris Cruddelli from Mind Body & Kick Ass Moves showing he does and did this when he was younger to toughen his hands.

A Thai boxer i know kicks tyres to condition their shins. Also heard of body tempering,apparently its slightly riskier and involves allowing someone to hit you with controlled strikes to develop mental and physical strength.