Refund at imax, unable to watch 3D

GodAtum

I went to watch a 3D film at iMax with some friends but they glasses could not fit over my spectacles (I have large, old-school style ones)! As i could not watch the film I left and asked for a refund but they said they would got give me one. Was I in the right?

I went to watch a 3D film at iMax with some friends but they glasses could not fit over my spectacles (I have large, old-school style ones)! As i could not watch the film I left and asked for a refund but they said they would got give me one. Was I in the right?

I would have thought it is your fault they do not work? They fit over my standard ones.

But I would have thought it depends on the cashier if you get a refund or not.

Edited by MrKguy

Did you watch any of the film? If not I would of kicked up a fuss until I got my refund.

I would have thought it is your fault they do not work? They fit over my standard ones.

But I would have thought it depends on the cashier if you get a refund or not.

How is it his fault that the cinema dont have glasses that fit??

Edited by wanabe

Trying to make a Gokwan style statement with your glasses eh? :)

In all seriousness if you knew you were going to watch a 3D film why not wear contacts or smaller framed glasses? A mate of mine wears glasses and he can watch 3D films fine.

Trying to make a Gokwan style statement with your glasses eh? :)

In all seriousness if you knew you were going to watch a 3D film why not wear contacts or smaller framed glasses? A mate of mine wears glasses and he can watch 3D films fine.

yeah lol. I only have 1 pair and dont wear contacts.

Legally I doubt they are obliged to refund you. I do think from a customer service perspective they should have just given you your money back if you left fairly early on in the screening.

When I used to work in a cinema we would give refunds in the first half hour of the film. After that we wouldn't. Unless the projector broke down. Which happened more than you'd expect. :)

Imax are usually really good, I had to get a refund once, and I phoned them and they agreed over the phone to refund!

Did you watch any of the film? If not I would of kicked up a fuss until I got my refund.

How is it his fault that the cinema dont have glasses that fit??

Why should they go out of their way to buy a diffrent shaped glasses for somebody? they have 1 for everybody. if you cant use them get new glasses or contacts for the cinema, like I do.

I've been to IMAX several times to see 3D films and never had a problem with their specs and my specs...

You aren't alone GA, I can't watch 3D films either because I have a squint.

Still, I save money by watching the same film in 2D :D

You aren't alone GA, I can't watch 3D films either because I have a squint.

Still, I save money by watching the same film in 2D :D

Exactly, I have only seen 1 film in Imax, 2D in my opinion is better/

To be honest, I doubt you will get one, for two reasons:

You large rimmed glasses are, as you say, large and are obviously bigger than standard glasses. The 3D has fitted over my glasses.

You walked away, after trying to get a refund, so now you are pretty stuffed as you cannot prove you did not watch the film and there will be no record of your complaint (I expect).

If I were you: I'd just take it as a bit of life experience.

Curious GA as to what film you went to watch? it may have been crap anyway!

• Like 1

We have all sorts of problems with our IMAX in Bournemouth.

WhiteElephant2.jpg