iCloud

Administrative Account

I've been reading up on iCloud (Mac users).

I only have a cabled internet connection at my home address, although the desktop Mac at my home address is wireless-capable.

I am now on holiday. The hotel has an internet connection, either wireless or ethernet. I am using a new MacBook, and wish to send the days' photos to my home desktop, which though off is still connected to ethernet (or LAN or whatever it is, though not wifi).

Can I still do this through iCloud, or do I need the home computer and/or the MacBook, hundreds of miles away, to be on a wifi system?

I've been reading up on iCloud (Mac users).

I only have a cabled internet connection at my home address, although the desktop Mac at my home address is wireless-capable.

I am now on holiday. The hotel has an internet connection, either wireless or ethernet. I am using a new MacBook, and wish to send the days' photos to my home desktop, which though off is still connected to ethernet (or LAN or whatever it is, though not wifi).

Can I still do this through iCloud, or do I need the home computer and/or the MacBook, hundreds of miles away, to be on a wifi system?

iCloud will upload it to Apple, then when you turn the iMac on at home (assuming iCloud is setup) it will download them from iCloud.

Dropbox also works in a similar way.

Yes, I can set both devices up Ian, but what I'm worried about is that neither device are wifi at my home, going through a cabled modem-router, although both are capable of wifi.

Wifi doesn't matter mate, as long as its connected to the Internet that's all it needs.

iCloud is just a name, I have a cabled connection at work and it backs up/updates all the same

Ohhhh OK - I think I understand. wifi or not, it stores it in iCloud, until I get back home and turn on my Mac at home, whether that comes through a cable or not, and downloads to the home computer.

100% spot on....

It also works in other ways, like when I purchase music on my iPhone, it automatically downloads at work and home, and visa versa.... Clever really.

100% spot on....

It also works in other ways, like when I purchase music on my iPhone, it automatically downloads at work and home, and visa versa.... Clever really.

Alright, let's not confuse the issue. Poor old David's head will explode :p :D

David - You can access your iCloud via t'interweb by just going to www.icloud.com and logging in. All the stuff you're backing up is on there.

Oh this is hopeless.

iCloud says it will back up music and everything once it's all set up. Well, it's all set up and it's not giving me the option to back up music.

It also says it will send documents, but I can't work out how to do it.

'It just works'.

Yeah? Like hell it does.

Please someone where am I going wrong, what am I not doing?