Prescription glasses online?

GodAtum

There are quite a few websites that sell prescription glasses and sunglasses with lenses that cost half that of high street stores. Does anyone have experience with any of these sites? The one I'm looking atm is selectspecs.com

Edited by GodAtum

There are quite a few websites that sell prescription glasses and sunglasses with lenses that cost half that of high street stores. Does anyone have experience with any of these sites? The one I'm looking atm is selectspecs.com

I have had about four pairs of glasses from Glasses Direct...

I have sent them back once because I didn't like the look of them... no problems they refunded the money and I just ordered again. They now do a 7 day trial on four pairs of glasses which is good (its free!!) http://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/

You reminded me I am due a new pair! :)

Thanks for the link. I'm specifically looking for some rayban sunglasses with prescription lenses.

I have had about four pairs of glasses from Glasses Direct...

I have sent them back once because I didn't like the look of them... no problems they refunded the money and I just ordered again. They now do a 7 day trial on four pairs of glasses which is good (its free!!) http://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/

You reminded me I am due a new pair! :)

I've used Glasses Direct too, found the service very good and prices very keen! I had a Groupon offer for them, but noticed that they do decent offers anyway (which they stop when they're taking the Groupon vouchers!) so I don't think I saved anything extra.

I've seen some really good prices at SelectSpecs before, and they have a great range - I think they come from Canada so I guess delivery might take a while(?), also I'm sure I've read some dodgy reviews somewhere about them... That said, buy on a credit card and you'll be covered for any significant problems anyway - I think I'd risk it for the savings!

I'm worried about the quality of the lenses. The price ( over £250 cheaper) for a 1.7 lens seems to good to be true.

I'm worried about the quality of the lenses. The price ( over £250 cheaper) for a 1.7 lens seems to good to be true.

Its you're saving over £250 it might be worth risking it, no? (also, HOW MUCH :eek: ?!)

The ones I've had from Glasses Direct have been fine and they;re a similar sort of budget place...

From Vision Express I was quoted at £270 for the 1.7 index lenses. On SelecSpecs it's about £100.

From Vision Express I was quoted at £270 for the 1.7 index lenses. On SelecSpecs it's about £100.

I think that's a case of Vision Express being a rip off, rather than selectspecs being so cheap that they're dodgy to be honest

Besides, most lenses are made by the same few companies - its likely that what you get for 270 quid on the high street is exactly the same as for 100 online... Could always email and ask the brand, then do the same of vision express?

• 8 months later...

I used glasses direct a couple of times in the past few years and always found the quality and service to be good.

• 7 months later...

I am going to lock this thread as discussion on the subject by genuine forum members appears to have ceased and it is becoming a magnet for spammers.

If any genuine forum member wishes it reopened PM me.