HTC sensation versus Samsung Galaxy S2

harrogate_al

Ok, so I am on Virgin Mobile and don't get a massive choice of phones. I am more than happy with the service I have received and I'm not overly bothered about joining the iPhone massive...

My main requirements are calls and text messaging would you believe! However I use the internet a LOT on my phone and I also use my current phone as a Sat-Nav (Nokia X6) and would need to be able to use my new phone for this too.

I am totally stuck between the 2 phones though - are they pretty much of a muchness? I can't find either of them has anything particularly outstanding over the other, I take pictures but not loads and have a proper camera for when I need decent shots so I'm not massively fussed over the camera... I just can't make my mind up and would really appreciate some constructive feedback on either of the phones to assist me!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!

• Like 1

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harrogate_al

• E29NP1546080952

• hopeless_place

• Administrative Account

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio.

It's a cracking phone, extremely fast processor and a great Sat Nav too as standard.

Ok, I am what most people would call a tech geek.

I have an uncontrollable desire to buy anything tech related.

Have been through almost every phone out there, I have now settled for an iPhone 4.

I am not the sort of person to stick with a brand even if its no good. I just go for the best thing out there. I was HUGE into Blackberry and then jumped off that sinking boat.

Now to your question, what phone. I would always recommend the iPhone. The 4S in my opinion is pointless, I don't think you or most people out there will see the benefits and they are supper expensive. The 4 on the other hand has dropped in price and has pretty much the same features.

The camera is great the memory is amazing and you have access to the most apps.

http://www.phones4u....k#offer_details

rolleyes.gif

PS if you do get the iPhone, there is an app called NavFree. Which is a free sat nav app with voice directions and 3d maps. ITS AMAZING and also worldwide.

*Your truly, the #1 Apple salesman*

Edited by hopeless_place

This thread reminds me of the advert for the VW Golf.

"If you shut your eyes, these phones look just like an iPhone" thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

This thread reminds me of the advert for the VW Golf.

"If you shut your eyes, these phones look just like an iPhone" thumbsup.gif

LIKE LIKE LIKEbiggrin.gif

If virgin mobile did an iPhone I would definitely give it a go, I'm however getting a VERY good deal with Virgin, they use the "everything everywhere" network which has got the best coverage round here and I'd be pretty reluctant to change networks... I've had a look and talking money it'd be silly to change network just to get an iPhone and end up spending literally over a couple of hundred quid extra a year...

If virgin mobile did an iPhone I would definitely give it a go, I'm however getting a VERY good deal with Virgin, they use the "everything everywhere" network which has got the best coverage round here and I'd be pretty reluctant to change networks... I've had a look and talking money it'd be silly to change network just to get an iPhone and end up spending literally over a couple of hundred quid extra a year...

Are on on PAYG with Virgin?

I'm on Orange (or whatever it's called now) PAYG and I bought an iPhone direct from Apple which are all unlocked for any network, I then bought an Orange micro-sim from ebay for 99p then ported my number across.

I still get the get network package and didn't have to change that.

I was a previous iPhone user, but I purchased mine outright. No way was I going to touch a contract. Let's use the cheapest line rental on Vodafone for example on an iPhone. Minimum 24 month contract @ £26.00 per month line rental. That's £624!!! that's an utter joke!!

ok, I won't be buying any phone outright. Like I said, I'm getting a REALLY good upgrade deal with pay monthly on virgin and they'll throw in any phone I like (in their range) for free for an 18 month contract. They don't do iPhones. The 18 month contract including all the minutes, texts and mobile web comes to less than the price of buying an iphone outright. All I see is that the Samsung got a lot of awards last year and still retails for over £300. And I won't be paying anything like that over 18 months.

All I see is that the Samsung got a lot of awards last year and still retails for over £300. And I won't be paying anything like that over 18 months.

So how much is the line rental per month, on the deal they have offered you on an 18 month contract?

Ohh and never fall for any mobile company telling you the phone is free. You will be paying for it one way or another.

Edited by pmtts

£15 a month... and ok the phone has "no extra charge" over my £15

ok, I won't be buying any phone outright. Like I said, I'm getting a REALLY good upgrade deal with pay monthly on virgin and they'll throw in any phone I like (in their range) for free for an 18 month contract. They don't do iPhones. The 18 month contract including all the minutes, texts and mobile web comes to less than the price of buying an iphone outright. All I see is that the Samsung got a lot of awards last year and still retails for over £300. And I won't be paying anything like that over 18 months.

I'm in the same boat as you but I'm on t-mobile and whilst I could become an iSheep and get an iPhone 4 or 4S for the same contract price I want to stay with Android and I've decided on the Samsung Galaxy S2 - don't know why but I had the same choice as you and decided to go for the galaxy s2

I'm in the same boat as you but I'm on t-mobile and whilst I could become an iSheep and get an iPhone 4 or 4S for the same contract price I want to stay with Android and I've decided on the Samsung Galaxy S2 - don't know why but I had the same choice as you and decided to go for the galaxy s2

How are you finding the samsung?

If you're looking at the S2, don't discount the Galaxy Nexus. I love mine.

If you're looking at the S2, don't discount the Galaxy Nexus. I love mine.

unfortunatel my choice of phones is limited to

BlackBerry® Torch 9810

BlackBerry® Curve 9360

Samsung Galaxy S II

HTC Sensation

Samsung Galaxy W

Samsung Galaxy S Plus

Samsung Galaxy S Plus White

Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray

BlackBerry Curve® 9300 3G Violet

BlackBerry® Curve 3G 9300

Samsung Galaxy Ace

Nokia C3-01

HTC Wildfire S Black

HTC Wildfire S White

BlackBerry® Curve 8520

Sony Ericsson Live

Alcatel One Touch 282

Nokia C2-02

Samsung C3560

Samsung Galaxy Y

Sony Ericsson txt

And like I said, unless anyone has any really really good reason to switch I will be staying with virgin...