Suggestions For A New Car

Joss

Hi

So I'm looking for a new car. I have £10k for something reliable, nice looking, big enough boot for my colie and big enough for a small family (me, my partner and the baby that's on the way).

Need something that's not too heavy on insurance because I'm only 21. I'm willing to spend around 7-8 grand on a car and then save the rest for insurance etc.

I've looked at a skoda octavia, ford Mondeo, Audi a4.. So things along those lines.

I'm also considering a small 4x4 such as a Nissan Juke or a land drover but don't want to be spending all my wages on diesel every month.

Ideally I'd like a diesel for economy purposes. I do quote a few miles a year to and from work, to and from specialing, to and from football, to and from dog walks in the peaks and lake districts etc....

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated..!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joss

• Jeebs1546081084

• Stratos

• hopeless_place

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford Focus diesel? Astra diesel?

You can pick up pretty good examples of 58/59 plate Focuses for about £6-8k and a 60 plate for £8500-9k depending where you look. I'm a similar age to yourself and my insurance quote for a 1.9 tdci Zetec was £1500 which is reasonable in my books, as Ive not even been driving a year.

Astras are a little bit cheaper, but I'm pretty sure if you a PC or SC you want to avoid them like the plague ;)

Edited by Jeebs

Sorry I mean new as a replacment for my current citroen c4 coupe..

Forgot to add aswell it must be a 5 door, my current is a 3 door and just can't see how it would be practical..

Ford Focus diesel? Astra diesel?

You can pick up pretty good examples of 58/59 plate Focuses for about £6-8k and a 60 plate for £8500-9k depending where you look. I'm a similar age to yourself and my insurance quote for a 1.9 tdci Zetec was £1500 which is reasonable in my books, as Ive not even been driving a year.

Astras are a little bit cheaper, but I'm pretty sure if you a PC or SC you want to avoid them like the plague :prone:

Yeah, I tend to try and steer clear of cars that are common, focus's and astras are all over.. So are mondeo's which is why I don't want one of them. I've just decided ha

Edited by Joss

Ford mondeo mk3 tdci estate, loads of boot space for the dog and plenty of get up and go for when needed.

Also low insurance group and cheap tax as they are euro 4.

Never mind, i did not see your comment about mondys :prone:

Edited by NeilNATO

Can't go wrong with a Skoda Octavia.

A Ford Focus with a big diesel engine would be an excellent car too but as has been said they are a bit common.

For £8,000 you could also get an Audi A4 Estate that'd be maybe 6/7 years old. It might have 40 odd thousand miles on the clock but they are very well built cars.

Can't go wrong with a Skoda Octavia.

A Ford Focus with a big diesel engine would be an excellent car too but as has been said they are a bit common.

For £8,000 you could also get an Audi A4 Estate that'd be maybe 6/7 years old. It might have 40 odd thousand miles on the clock but they are very well built cars.

I would start with the Focus TDCI, fab car. The Gold TDI is also a fab car.

But why not wait until next year and get the new Austin Martin, oopps I mean Ford Mondeo.

http://www.futurevehicleleasing.co.uk/Assets/Images/Cars/Ford/2007-ford-mondeo-1.jpg

Its gonna be a little over budget but just look at it!!! confused.gif

But seriously now... Audi A4 Estate is a wonderful car to drive and has plenty of space, will cost you on insurance though

I would start with the Focus TDCI, fab car. The Gold TDI is also a fab car.

But why not wait until next year and get the new Austin Martin, oopps I mean Ford Mondeo.

http://www.futureveh...rd-mondeo-1.jpg

Its gonna be a little over budget but just look at it!!! confused.gif

But seriously now... Audi A4 Estate is a wonderful car to drive and has plenty of space, will cost you on insurance though

That's a concept of the current Mondeo from 2007! :prone:

The new Mondeo is already out in North America and looks like this:

ford_4.jpg

That's a concept of the current Mondeo from 2007! :)

The new Mondeo is already out in North America and looks like this:

ford_4.jpg

Sorry your right, I got the wrong picture. THAT IS THE ONE I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!!

I love it!!!!

My friend pointed to the front of a magazine and was like wow look at the new Mondeo coming out soon, it looks just like an Austin Martin.

I spent about 20 seconds scouring the page looking for it. Then I realised it was the main picture. I was just so convinced it was an Austin Martin, it didn't cross my mind blush.gif

Austin? Didn't they make the maestro? The new Mondeo is a fantastic looking car. Every Mondeo has just got better and better

Used volvo??

A decent model will cost you 7-8k and then you still have spare money out of your 10k for your insurance

plus being a volvo it's stuffed with safety features to keep little 'un safe

Edited by Burnie

Used volvo??

A decent model will cost you 7-8k and then you still have spare money out of your 10k for your insurance

plus being a volvo it's stuffed with safety features to keep little 'un safe

I've looked at a Volvo c40 or something like that.. Not too bothered about an estate but a saloon is what I'm after.. Volvo are ultra reliable and as you said are as safe as houses..!

Only problem is, volvos are associated with the older generation so my mrs just says no straight away...

Edited by Joss