iPhone Email

SM17HY1546081268

Hello All,

Just wondered if someone could help me with the following:

I have email on my iPhone which I love because it is so much easier to view daily then logging in to my email on my laptop each day, BUT, is there a way that when I delete an email on my phone that it can be deleted on my computer? I am pretty sure its possible as when I had a blackberry the emails sent to there could be deleted and they would be gone from my computer as well!

The only reason I ask is I have just cleaned up my inbox and deleted a LOT on my computer and I would like to keep it that clean with only the essential emails staying put!

Thanks in advance

Tom

You would need to edit the setting to delete from server, Not sure if that's available on the iPhone maybe on a third-party application if not.

This can be done on the iPhone - normally it requires an IMAP connection to the mail server - This is how I delete email via my iPhone.

It depends

If you've set it up as pop3 then it won't.

If its setup as imap then it's possible, there will be a setting for remove mail marked as deleted from the server.

You want to try exchange email, much better than pop3/imap

If its setup as imap then it's possible, there will be a setting for remove mail marked as deleted from the server.

You want to try exchange email, much better than pop3/imap

I'll have to disagree here. Exchange email is fine if you have a corporate mail system that uses Exchange and don't forget that exchange supports IMAP as well.

IMAP works perfectly well as does Exchange. I use both on my iPhone.

Thanks for all your help guys, I think Ive sussed it :aok:

I'll have to disagree here. Exchange email is fine if you have a corporate mail system that uses Exchange and don't forget that exchange supports IMAP as well.

IMAP works perfectly well as does Exchange. I use both on my iPhone.

Indeed, but things like hotmail and gmail etc also support exchange,.

the added benefit of using exchange, is that mail can be "pushed" rather than having to check the server on a set interval