Items found in the garden

Reado

Hi boys and girls,

Over the passed 6 weeks or so me and my mum have been finding items in our garden. First of all it was a soap holder for a bathroom. Then the following week another bathroom item. Then a rolling pin, then a jar of pickle. This week (today) a kitchen knife with a blade of 8 inches.

These have been found every Sunday for the passed 6 weeks. And always in the same place. We have called the police to collect the knife and they will be informed of all the items found.

The back garden where the items were found is massive. There are high fences and hedges all the way around with only the front of the property. There is no way the area can be lit at night. What other actions can I take? Yes i know the standard disclaimer but I was curious as the what actions the other forum goers will take?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reado

• Police Constable 1

• Shikari

• cmdkeen

Hi boys and girls,

Over the passed 6 weeks or so me and my mum have been finding items in our garden. First of all it was a soap holder for a bathroom. Then the following week another bathroom item. Then a rolling pin, then a jar of pickle. This week (today) a kitchen knife with a blade of 8 inches.

These have been found every Sunday for the passed 6 weeks. And always in the same place. We have called the police to collect the knife and they will be informed of all the items found.

The back garden where the items were found is massive. There are high fences and hedges all the way around with only the front of the property. There is no way the area can be lit at night. What other actions can I take? Yes i know the standard disclaimer but I was curious as the what actions the other forum goers will take?

It seems like your in a bit of a pickle there mate, I guess someone is trying to pin something on the garden to stop it rolling away but alas they can only get at the (blade) of grass so they are trying to make a clean get away.

:)

Seriously though, are you having problems with any neighbours or relatives? what backs onto your garden? is it a walk walk where kids can hang around? maybe its them. The only thing you can do is if its at the same place on a Sunday is just look out see if you see anyone, or put a higher fence up.

You could if needs be go along the route of fitting a cctv camera which you can buy cheap these days or if you think its happening at night put up a security light, hope that helps

• Like 1

Set up a CCTV camera, maybe an infrared one, to see what they heck's going on? Or a motion activated light to deter intruders. Even if they can't actually be seen by it, it'll put them off.

I'd find out what was going on first, then set up a detterent system, out of curiosity.

Edit- beaten to it by PC1

Edited by Shikari

Awesome, have you set up an ebay account?

• Like 2

Nope our garden backs onto other gardens, no walk ways around the property. We have no issues with the neighbours.

I was thinking of the security light and might invest in CCTV. We shall see what is going on.

Any other ideas?

Edit: The Ebay account might be an idea, Random stuff found in my garden!

Edited by Reado

Nope our garden backs onto other gardens, no walk ways around the property. We have no issues with the neighbours.

I was thinking of the security light and might invest in CCTV. We shall see what is going on.

Any other ideas?

Well I would say if there is no way of walking around the back of your garden and you are only backed onto by neighbours.....then you might have an issue with at least one neighbour.

It cant be anyone else apart from a neighbour

Well I would say if there is no way of walking around the back of your garden and you are only backed onto by neighbours.....then you might have an issue with at least one neighbour.

It cant be anyone else apart from a neighbour

or someone walking into the garden.....every saturday night/ sunday morning.......

or someone walking into the garden.....every saturday night/ sunday morning.......

True but even then I would defiantly say someone has a problem with your family or are playing a joke if they are walking into your garden every sunday for the last 6 weeks just to place items on the ground.

Do you not have a locked gate?

I think it is The Borrowers returning items they no longer require.

A sleep walking neighbour? An animal of some sort maybe? Ghosts? God only knows what it could be!

Are the items in exactly the same spot each week, or just in the same area? If it was a disgruntled neighbour chucking stuff over the fence you would expect it to be in a different place every time.

Are you sure it's not one of you parents mistaking the garden for the kitchen after a night down the pub? :rolleyes:

A sleep walking neighbour? An animal of some sort maybe? Ghosts? God only knows what it could be!

Are the items in exactly the same spot each week, or just in the same area? If it was a disgruntled neighbour chucking stuff over the fence you would expect it to be in a different place every time.

Are you sure it's not one of you parents mistaking the garden for the kitchen after a night down the pub? :rolleyes:

The items are in the same spot, not randomly thrown or scattered in an area.

And no, seeing as both are tea total :p

Fair enough, that's not it then!

I was going to say that it could be a bird or rodent attracted to shiney things, but then I realised that you mentioned a jar of pickles, so back to the drawing board with that idea.

As others have said, a camera is probably the only way your going to sus this one!

If a camera is going to cost hard earned cash, you could do it the old fashioned way - A stake out!

Keep us posted whatever you decide!

• Like 1

Is there any evidence of people in your garden, trampled plants etc? Or do you think the items are thrown in? If you think someone is garden hopping, PM me, I may have a few ideas for you.