Bit of help

Lobby

I know this isn't a drop in centre,

But I could really use some advice.

My dad left when I was twelve, disowned me in fact.

He rang me yesterday to tell me my nan had died, now I haven't seen her since either.

I asked how she was today, I got some abuse from my sister who lives with him saying I showed no respect to him! The guy disowned me!!

Now, I sent him a bloody long text stating how he's not my father etc.

This is the bit I regret, I stupidly put "If I see you in the street you're a dead man"

That's not me, I'm sure you can appreciate I'm upset.

He rang my grandparents and said he was taking the text to the Police,

I believe this to be a hollow threat, but what would happen?? Would it affect my application?

Sorry again guys, bit of a state here.

Luke

Edit, typo. and please move if you want, don't really know where to put it

Edited by Lobby

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. PoliceSpecials.com disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Reference Library' and 'Downloads' areas.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

Moved to Help Me

I know this isn't a drop in centre,

But I could really use some advice.

My dad left when I was twelve, disowned me in fact.

He rang me yesterday to tell me my nan had died, now I haven't seen her since either.

I asked how she was today, I got some abuse from my sister who lives with him saying I showed no respect to him! The guy disowned me!!

Now, I sent him a bloody long text stating how he's not my father etc.

This is the bit I regret, I stupidly put "If I see you in the street you're a dead man"

That's not me, I'm sure you can appreciate I'm upset.

He rang my grandparents and said he was taking the text to the Police,

I believe this to be a hollow threat, but what would happen?? Would it affect my application?

Sorry again guys, bit of a state here.

Luke

Edit, typo. and please move if you want, don't really know where to put it

Not the best of things to do but any police officers who see it will ask for your side of the story and they are human beings and will be objective to your side also.

IMO I wouldn't worry about it, worry about it if it goes anywhere which I doubt. it was probably a hollow threat from your 'father' also.

Meh... I really wouldn't worry about it. Hardly a direct threat, just one of those phrases people use that doesn't translate in a literal sense. If you locked up everyone who said such things, half of the Facebook community would be in prison.

...don't get me started on Facebook threats :ermm:

On a personal note, being in a similar situation with respect to my "father"... forget the waste of space and move on with your own life :evil:

Thanks guys, I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Lucas, I've managed this long without him, I don't need him ;)

Thanks again,

Luke

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Lucas, I've managed this long without him, I don't need him :saint:

Thanks again,

Luke

good luck, and hope your situation changes for better.

• 2 weeks later...