Apps to record shifts

iAndy

What app do you use (Apple or Android) to record your shift/hours?

I currently use ShiftLife, which is decent, it does the job. And I like the way you can view overviews of your hours/shifts. But before I pay for the 2012 option I wondered if anyone else recommends an app for keeping track of shifts?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrative Account

• Javioli

• Deactivated

I just use a spreadsheet that I knocked up in Google Docs... it's based on my force expenses form, automatically calculating my hours, allowances, etc as I enter the dates and times.

I just use a pre-created EXCEL spreadsheet...Apps :)

Or if i actually want to book in duties, i stick them on my calender on my phone, with location/times and then i can quickly see when i should be in...its all sneaky though, doesnt say "PLAIN CLOTHES POLICE SHIFT AT BLACKPOOOL TOWER GIFT SHOP, 19.00-22.00HRS, BRING EAR WARMERS"...but it might well '19.00-22.00, ANYTOWN'

Course its not a app, so clealry mustn't work or be cool :blu::aok:

For my day job, a black and red notebook has done the job for the last 5 and a half years. 2 sides of paper is a month; I've been through several mobile phones in the time I've had the book...:)

A federation diary and a pen, I like it old school, I have shift life though but it just takes too long to enter my shifts off DMS, much fast just to write D for day or N for night with a pen!

Calendar entry on my un-cool Nokia N8 :) (also an Excel spreadsheet I knocked up one night when I was bored)

All our shifts in Hampshire are recorded automatically so no need to record them ourselves. We just pre-book our shift or clock on/off at station.

(warning: met-answer)

MSC online records everything we do anyway, dun'it?

Only if the shift is created on there and I cant find how to display competed hours anyway. I tried using my forces expenses spreadsheet but I cant use it with Openoffice and I'm not going to pay for Excel just for a few quid a month!

Edited by GodAtum

Then of course there's DutySheet, accessible on any smart phone without the need of a specific app.

(warning: met-answer)

MSC online records everything we do anyway, dun'it?

The borough I am on doesn't routinely use MSC online so not for us!

I use the calendar on my phone, and in the 'notes' section after a shift I put the actual times booked on and off :strop:

Dutysheet is compulsory for us.

I like it, although at the moment you cant do stuff like book 2 shifts on the same day, its an excellent and pretty powerful resource. They also listen to people as many improvements are implemented constantly.

If only the duty sergeants looked at it...innocent.gif

Then of course there's DutySheet, accessible on any smart phone without the need of a specific app.

We use Dutysheet in Norfolk, can get it on most modern phones :strop:

Dutysheet is compulsory for us.

I like it, although at the moment you cant do stuff like book 2 shifts on the same day, its an excellent and pretty powerful resource. They also listen to people as many improvements are implemented constantly.

If only the duty sergeants looked at it...innocent.gif

I couldn't perform my role without Duty Sheet, it is a most excellent tool.

You can't book two duties on the same day in advance but if when you finish the first duty and you book off you can then book the next one this of course only aplies where the start time is on the same day, where you have a finish time and start time (for different shifts) on the same day you should be able to book it.