Help! HDMI won't connect

Hyde

I have just bought an Xbox 360S and tried connecting it to my tv (Goodmand GTVL26W17HDF)

I have linked it with an HDMI cable, but it will not display on my tv at all. It works fine through the XBOX supplied component cable, though the quality is less than desirable.

Help is appreciated!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hyde

• Damsel

• Burnsy2023

• Alex_101

Change the input of your telly. It should be a dedicated HDMI channel which is different to the scart.

It worked for about a minute, until I went on to my xbox display settings, before it then said "No input" on my tv and stopped displaying

Could be that your TV isn't capable of displaying whatever resolution your xbox is set to output?

For example, took mine to uni and plugged it into my mate's 1080p TV, set the xbox resolution to 1080p.... then took it home where my poor family only has a 720p TV and of course it refused to show up. Had to use another xbox to work out what buttons I needed to press to change the resolution, then press them blind like an old-style cheat combo. Magically appeared (Y)

I feel like grandpa simpson - my story might not actually help or be interested but at least I'm talking to someone ;)

Thing is, I think it was compatible since it displayed it for a minute or so - right up until the moment when I went to display settings, and it balls'ed up

Bought a component cable and that has now fixed the issue, however.. Myself and my brother cannot both play on Live at the same time on separate consoles/games... trying to find out how to make it work.

Thing is, I think it was compatible since it displayed it for a minute or so - right up until the moment when I went to display settings, and it balls'ed up

On the ps3 you hold the power button down to reset the display as you power up, does the 360 have that option?

Need to do "Port Forwarding" ? Anyone technical enough who can give me a step by step on how to do it?

Cheers Burnsy, but I've seen that before and It charges $30 for the privilege... any other ideas?

Cheers Burnsy, but I've seen that before and It charges $30 for the privilege... any other ideas?

There's a free one, I thought that was it. Apologies. What router do you have?

Applied all of those settings, checked it with their PFPort checker, coming back as those ports are not open. Will physically try on the xboxes now

Update: I've done the settings, xbox live won't physically let us both play a game at the same time. My live won't connect to games, so long as my brother is in one. As soon as I turned his off, mine worked again.