breach charge

bertybasset

hi guys can you help with thiese questions ?

1 = if you are charged with breach of peace and the the date stated that it supposed to have occured is definetly wrong should we plead not guilty as incorrect date ?

2 = if found not guilty because date was wrong can you then be re-charged with same offence for a different date ?

3 = if you do not have enough funds to employ a lawyer for court does the court have duty lawyers for such cases that would be free of charge ?

4 = if we have to pay for lawyers and found not guilty would be able to compensation for lawers fees if we have to employ them ?

sorry for all the questions but i hope you guys here can give me some advice on these matters as im normally a law abiding citizen and these matters are about my daughter and stupid people trying to get her into trouble ps shes not a kid as she's 31 yrs old --- hope you people can give me any advice on these matters -- thanks in advance

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. PoliceSpecials.com disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Reference Library' and 'Downloads' areas.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

Moved from, It's the Law:Scotland to Help me

1 = if you are charged with breach of peace and the the date stated that it supposed to have occured is definetly wrong should we plead not guilty as incorrect date ?

If she asserts that she didn't commit a BoP on the date mentioned in the charge then you would plea not guilty because she didn't commit the crime on that day!

2 = if found not guilty because date was wrong can you then be re-charged with same offence for a different date ?

Perhaps - not 100% sure.

3 = if you do not have enough funds to employ a lawyer for court does the court have duty lawyers for such cases that would be free of charge ?

If you can't afford to fund a solicitor then you may get funding from the Scottish Legal Aid Board. To determine this, and get to get more information, use this.

4 = if we have to pay for lawyers and found not guilty would be able to compensation for lawers fees if we have to employ them ?

I don't think so.