Email on iphone, ipad and desktop PC

Merlin820

Right, in brief, Outlook email synched to iphone, ipad, Mac and desktop PC in the office (don't ask me why but it is :D ). It uses a POP server, sent to a host site (for company domain purposes) and to a host to override BT as we were having major problems with our email delivery.

Question is, if the email is read and deleted from say the iphone, how do we set it up to delete it from everything else at the same time?

I don't know, but I have the same problem. I delete it from my iPhone and next time I use the iPhone e-mail, when it updates it puts it all back.

Do I need a separate server for that?

Not a separate server, but a change in the mail transport protocol used to communicate between client and server. Depending on what server application you are actually using it can be a simple config option. With IMAP you effectively have all your mail on the server and sync to it on each connection. You will however still need to set your client application to delete the message on the server when delete on the client, else you will delete it on one client but the other clients will still see it.

By the sound of it if you are using email with POP and several clients, you are also leaving the emails on the server, but with pop there is no easy way of deleting them off the server as POP was designed to download all of the messages off the server for the client to manage.

I don't know, but I have the same problem. I delete it from my iPhone and next time I use the iPhone e-mail, when it updates it puts it all back.

This I can help you with. Go to settings > mail > select the account you want > advanced > delete from server ON.

This I can help you with. Go to settings > mail > select the account you want > advanced > delete from server ON.

OOh thanks for that...

Now my quest for world domination can begin! :D