Red Alert/Age Of Empires

Gelf

This is a problem I have had for a few years but I can take it no longer!!

I bought C&C Red Alert when it first came out and played it to death on my old 486.

I then moved on to playing Age Of Empires and even bought a new PC to play it on such was my love for these games.

The new pc was great until after owning it for a few years it broke and we had it repaired (about half of the components were replaced and Windows XP was put onto it) after the repair I had grown out of playing Red Alert so didnt try to play it until some years later but it then wouldnt run. Age of Empires was the same and wouldnt work.

That pc is still at my parents house but I cant get them to run on my laptop either.

The problem I need help with is how can I get the games to work on my laptop and also on the PC? (my brother is still at home and I still want to beat him on Lan)

I have C&C Red Alert including Counterstrike and The Aftermath and I also bought C&C The First Decade to see if that would work but it just messes up the screen size on my laptop and wont run.

I have All of the Age Of Empires games up to AOE 3 and they wont run either! grr

Help me Please!!!

Thanks for the info but it still wont work!

It ways

The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

WTF?

I recommend this website:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Select the game you want to check, and the website will scan your computer and tell you if you have everything you need to run the game.

Of course, that's just for hardware. If it's a software problem, all I can recommend is visiting one of the Age of Empires fan forums such as aoe.heavengames.com where someone might have had a similar issue. Hope that helps!

I can run both on Win. 7 no problem. Try Google searching your problem as i bet your not the only one experiencing this.

• 3 months later...

I can't remember about Age of Empires but you can certainly run Red Alert through DOS. Try http://www.dosbox.com/ and see if that works. You may also be able to purchase copies of the games from gog.com which are edited to work on newer computers.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you provide a bit more information on the computer you are using (specs, OS, etc) and what exactly you have tried so far. When did you install the games - just now? From a CD? What compatibility options did you try exactly?

The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

Interesting error, which game was this with? kernel32.dll is a Windows API library, which is unlikely to be at fault (unless there are other, more serious problems with your system). For a start, try reinstalling the game.

Edited by caveat_civis