Upgrading from OS5 to OS 6

Josh'Grizzly'Gregory

Right I've had to replace my Blackberry curve 9300 handset and now need to re-upgrade to OS6, the only problem I am getting is I've downloaded it onto my computer and upgrading via a usb cable. It's telling me I need to free up atleast 10 MB of space, however, I've done everything that it suggests to help free up space (i.e. removing all un-used languages and achiving applications to the sd card), I went from needing 16MB to 10MB but can't think of anything else to free up the remaining needed memory for the upgrade.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

How many apps have you installed from App World?

Or have you got images/music on the 'internal memory' ?

I ended up transfering all I could to the external memory which still wasn't enough as all I needed was something stupidly small like 2 MB, I so I deleted extras that were not necessary like some of the pre set ring tones etc.

J-Greg, sync all the data on it and do a hard reset if all else fails - BB can be a pain if it remembers soemthing from way back when.

J-Greg, sync all the data on it and do a hard reset if all else fails - BB can be a pain if it remembers soemthing from way back when.

Will keep that in mind for when/ if an OS 7 appears and I start getting issues, there are just some occassions when shouting at a piece of tech just doesn't work and can't understand why it's not working because it displays no nvc's.