GiffGaff

I'm looking to save money on my mobile phone bill, at the moment I only pay £15 a month to 3 (who have been very good), but I've found a company called GiffGaff (their website: http://www.giffgaff.com) who are basically doing a PAYG offer at £10 a month which should suit me down to the ground:

For £10 a month get:

250 UK minutes

Unlimited UK texts

Unlimited Internet

Perfect! They apparently use the O2 network and should work fine in my shiny iPhone.

Anyone have any experiences of these folks, good or bad?

Cheers

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• E29NP1546080952

• Administrative Account

• pottheed

one of my S/Sgts is with them and he can`t rate them high enough, he`s forever trying to get me to sign up (I think he gets some extra credit if someone he recommends signs up and mentions him).

I've read pretty good things about them. I'm a bit sad to leave Three, to be honest - their mobile data is excellent and I've found them very good overall. But in these straitened times, with the Government shafting the coppers every way they can, even £5 a month is worth saving!

I got a sim card and put a fiver on it for emergencies. The wife used it to phone her sister on a different network. She got nearly an hour for the money which is very good in my eyes. I'm looking at unlocking my phone so I can use it. Their bundles are very competitive. :D

Edited by The Highway Man

I am with them, and they are superb, and very cheap! if you have any issues it is sorted within 24 hrs!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, for those who are interested.

I changed over to GiffGaff and I've been very impressed so far. I have an iPhone 4 (what else?!) and it works a treat, the network comes up as O2 and I'm getting excellent coverage (better than Three who I was with before) and pretty good data speeds too. £10 a month gets me 250 minutes (more than enough for me), unlimited texts and truly unlimited data (I use loads). Plus anyone else on giffgaff I can call them for free. Impressive.

Their website is good too, I had a couple of minor questions about setup and got them answered very quickly. I really cant recommend them highly enough. If anyone's thinking of trying them out, then click here or click the banner in my sig below and order your sim - if you activate it you get £5 free credit. Enjoy!

Can you still use BBM on one of this Gaffy sims?

Edit: Just found it on the GiffGaff Forum.

GiffGaff for reasons of cost do not currently have a support agreement with Research In Motion (parent company of Blackberry)

Edited by pmtts

As noted, GiffGaff don't offer full BlackBerry support (BBM and all that) although they say it's in the pipeline. You can of course make calls and texts on a BB with giffgaff.

Very interesting, do they provide the micro-sim for the iPhone 4?

Also, I'm on Orange and am getting increasingly unhappy with their service and the lack of 3G for downloads whilst out of the range of wi-fi, so is O2 better than Orange?

I would like to change over to GiffGaff but my contract doesn't finish until May 2012 wacko.gif

When my contract finishes I plan to get an iPhone 4 with a GiffGaff Sim :clapping: (if it is still running)

Also, I'm on Orange and am getting increasingly unhappy with their service and the lack of 3G for downloads whilst out of the range of wi-fi, so is O2 better than Orange?

You can just get a template and cut your sim up to the size of a micro sim. I did this last year and it is still working fine now! :clapping:

Yes they do.

Click Here

• Like 1

Yes they do.

Click Here

Thank you! I am confused by this though. A member will send me a free micro-sim with £5 credit on it. Why would they do that - where's the catch?