public parking spaces

st50vec

Hi how is everyone? Was just after a bit of advice really. This evening I went round my mums to see me grand parent they live in a housing estate in Bude where the parking is seperate from the houses. there are about 15 parking spaces of which for are for private parking. i parked in one of the public spaces went to see me mum and that and an hour later came out to find a van had parked about a foot of my front bumper blocking me into the space even tho there where other free spaces availlible. the person doesn't own the space I parked in and seems to have a bit of an attitude. Was just wondering where i stood if I called out the local police station is it illegal to block you in like that. thanks Andy

I'm sure the standard disclaimer will be posted shortly but I would Call them, the driver of the van is causing a wilful/unecessary obstruction to the highway which is an offence under the road traffic act 1988, call your station and get them down to deal with it.

Edit: always helps to get the year right, damn iPhone!

Edited by diskworld3

12 inches at the front and x amount at the back is hardly boxed in...

12 inches at the front and x amount at the back is hardly boxed in...

That depends totally on the layout of the car park.

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. PoliceSpecials.com disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Reference Library' and 'Downloads' areas.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

And moved to the Help section.