Need somewhere to live!

Edward_Strange

Hellooo everyone!

I start a new job as a PC with BTP in London on the 12th of September next month. I'm having a spot of bother finding somewhere to live and I was wondering if anyone had a spare room (or even a sofa!) that I could rent for a little while in the London area until I 'find my feet' as it were? I'm a 22 year old male from Devon, non-smoker and always put the seat down!

If anyone could help me out I'd be eternally grateful!

dude having this same problem. have you asked about renting a room in a section house. i've heard from bobbys at my nick that some met ones might let us btp lot in if bernard whatever house is a no go, though i'm sure there will be rooms available even if we have to pay (i've asked via email going to ring tommorrow)

Edited by tomysandy

You could try findaroommate.co.uk (I think that's what it is called) or contact someone from the Met or another Home Counties Force and see if they have an intranet site which has ads of people looking to house share (many forces have similar)

dude having this same problem. have you asked about renting a room in a section house. i've heard from bobbys at my nick that some met ones might let us btp lot in if bernard whatever house is a no go, though i'm sure there will be rooms available even if we have to pay (i've asked via email going to ring tommorrow)

Ah! Someone else in the same boat! Yes, I haven't rung around just yet but it's on the cards if things don't look up. My mum works for the NHS and she suggested maybe begging/pleading with their accomodation people if no other rooms are forth-coming. You had any luck at all? I've had a few people drop me like a stone because I can't move in IMMEDIATELY. :ninja:

Ah! Someone else in the same boat! Yes, I haven't rung around just yet but it's on the cards if things don't look up. My mum works for the NHS and she suggested maybe begging/pleading with their accomodation people if no other rooms are forth-coming. You had any luck at all? I've had a few people drop me like a stone because I can't move in IMMEDIATELY. :saint:

Spoke to recruitment who said that I should send an email justifying why I should get accommodation. Been looking but I want to live near to the nick I'm working at so them not telling me which station is a massive pain in the ass.

where abouts in London will you be based?

thats the problem, with lu they havent given us a station yet

I have a spare room which might be available for a short period (up to a year) but I am in Kent - easy to get into central and south east London (45 mins to Charing Cross) but not much use if you are north, west or south west! :blu:

No worries chaps and chapettes! Thanks for the replies, managed to sort out a room in Chalk Farm. :whistle: