Abusive Neighbour

Buck

Hi,

A friend of mine is having trouble with the neighbour of a house she rents out. He has been both verbally abusive and has caused criminal damage, however since the tenants have not wished to pursue this, the local police have never been able to charge him. They have on record several occasions of 'problems' covering several of her tenants and other neighbours.

Questions:

1. Does my friend as the LandLord have any right to recourse? She has been present at some of the incidents but doesn't reside there...
  2. As a Special from a different area (I'm Cheshire, the house is GMP) I'm assuming I have no right to get involved?

Examples:

• Verbally abusive to the tenants.
  • Verbally abusive to Tesco delivery man, who apparently was blocking access to the individual's driveway, even though it was clear he had no intention of trying to go anywhere.
  • Deliberately backed his car into a tenants car, damaging it.
  • Placed a ladder up against the Rental premises and proceeded to climb it and look up into the bedroom (no explanation given when challenged)
  • Has CCTV cameras that point down the road, and comments on the comings and goings of other neighbours.
  • Repeatedly moves the un-emptied bins back from the roadside down the side of the house.

From my perspective I would say (assuming there is proof which I'm sure there is) he is guilty of several criminal and civil offences, so I'm unsure why the police involved can't take any action based on the collective issues?

P.S. I am aware this is not a formal legal advice centre, just wondering what you guys think of this?

As usual this isn't a legal advice forum...

However check the lease - there could well be some boilerplate in there about not commiting criminal acts on the property / causing issues with neighbours. I've never signed a lease in E&W but some Scottish ones in the past I've signed have contained such clauses.

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. PoliceSpecials.com disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Reference Library' and 'Downloads' areas.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

• Like 2

• Global Moderators

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. PoliceSpecials.com disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Reference Library' and 'Downloads' areas.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

Don't take me negging that post the wrong way, vader, it just didn't warrant a +1! :vom: