advise needed

gazzer10

hi i have come on here to get some advice in our county (surrey) parking with two wheels on the kerb is permitted. The problem we have is the the whole street is double parked so if there was

a fire the firebrigade would have problems getting down the road.We have been to the council which informed us as there are no parking restrictions people could park where thay liked.

we have contacted the local police staition who sent a pcso down our road who advised the cars were not parked illegally as there are no parking restrictions on the road.

I have no idea what you're asking but the answer is no.

OK, I'll try to be a bit more helpful. If there's no parking restriction on the road then you just need to make sure that you're not obstructing either the road (by parking opposite a large vehicle, say) or the pavement. So long as there's space to get a fire engine along the road and a wheelchair along the pavement then you should be fine.

Edited by Sceptre

There would only be a problem if the cars were parked that far onto the pavement that people can't walk passed and are forced to walk onto the road. This includes people with pushchairs. If this is the case then take photos and inform the police/council about cars obstructing the footpath. As for a fire engine can't get passed if there was a fire. Don't worry about that too much, if there WAS a fire the fire engine WILL get passed someway or another!

• Like 1

Can a bin lorry get by?

Coz if a bin lorry can, a fire engine can!

hi i have come on here to get some advice in our county (surrey) parking with two wheels on the kerb is permitted. The problem we have is the the whole street is double parked so if there was

a fire the firebrigade would have problems getting down the road.We have been to the council which informed us as there are no parking restrictions people could park where thay liked.

we have contacted the local police staition who sent a pcso down our road who advised the cars were not parked illegally as there are no parking restrictions on the road.

The fire brigade will not have trouble getting down the road if they need to in an emergency I can assure you. I have seen them bump cars out of the way so they can get an appliance down the road, and once there was a vehicle causing an obstruction so they smashed a window on each side and put the hoses through the car (I am sure they were just making a point on that last bit!)

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. PoliceSpecials.com disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Reference Library' and 'Downloads' areas.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

The fire brigade will not have trouble getting down the road if they need to in an emergency I can assure you. I have seen them bump cars out of the way so they can get an appliance down the road, and once there was a vehicle causing an obstruction so they smashed a window on each side and put the hoses through the car (I am sure they were just making a point on that last bit!)

Good way of making that point though!

Isn't it illegal to park on the pavement, since in order to do so you need to drive on the pavement?

Isn't it illegal to park on the pavement, since in order to do so you need to drive on the pavement?

Nope

and once there was a vehicle causing an obstruction so they smashed a window on each side and put the hoses through the car (I am sure they were just making a point on that last bit!)

Or they could have put the hoses across the car, rather than through it :)

Or they could have put the hoses across the car, rather than through it :aok:

Yes, they could have biggrin.gif

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. PoliceSpecials.com disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Reference Library' and 'Downloads' areas.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

Moved to Help Me.

Or they could have put the hoses across the car, rather than through it :aok:

the weight of the hose and water could have damaged the car itself, i would rather have to replace the windows then have a big big dent on the roof! XD