Ali

Wrighty112

Been loosing a bit of weight and hit a brick wall :(

Ive lost nearly 2 stone since beginning of march and haven't lost anything for a while. I was thinking about giving Ali ago, Ive read the pro's and cons's on various sites. I thought i would put it to the forum to see if anyone on here has used/planning to use Ali and there experience using it. Also i have my medical next month (5th or 7th July) and i was wounding if this will have an adverse effect during the drug screening?

Cheers guys ;)

If you don't mind me asking, what is your height & weight?

6ft and 16 stone 7 pounds. gives me a BMI of 30.9. im wanting to get to 15 stone.

Your body will hit a point where it is harder to 'diet' past. You need at this point to increase exercise routine to truly make any difference.

Ali is all well and good and reported to do what it says on the tin but works in proportion to fat ontake. This can have rather embarassing side effects when you lease expect it ;)

Been loosing a bit of weight and hit a brick wall :D

Ive lost nearly 2 stone since beginning of march and haven't lost anything for a while. I was thinking about giving Ali ago, Ive read the pro's and cons's on various sites. I thought i would put it to the forum to see if anyone on here has used/planning to use Ali and there experience using it. Also i have my medical next month (5th or 7th July) and i was wounding if this will have an adverse effect during the drug screening?

Cheers guys :(

alternatively you have a more expensive but working way of I-lipo http://www.chromogenex.com/ilipo/

Your BMI is above 28 which is required for alli. Though, it can be quite expensive. Speak to a pharmacist for advice on the product before you think about going ahead with it.

Do you go running / jogging?

I play rugby for my town. Its at a completive level so i train twice a week and cycle two-three times a week (around 7-10 Miles depending on where i go). I try to watch what i eat but could do better, just been stuck between 16.8 and 16.12

just thought alli would help kick start the weight loss again.

Edited by Wrighty112

• 1 year later...

You need to change your exercise routine as your body is clearly adapted to it - ramp it up, change the type of exercise, level of intensity. Shock your body.

I've read things about this, by all accounts it sounds wholey unpleasant. Weight loss by methods like this one, using fat-binding substances to reduce the fat absorbed by your body are not sustainable.

The wall you've hit is something everyone gets when trying to loose weight, like SharkFin says it's because your body has caught up and no longer finds the exercise you're doing effective.

For me personally I always champion good diet and exercise - it's simple - eat better (not necessarily less - but equally not to excess) and move more. Also it's worth bearing in mind that everyone is different and some people will never be slim/thin as their body shape and genes just won't cater to it. Interval training is great for weight loss, circuits and running, swimming is good too.

Hope this helps :)

I've read things about this, by all accounts it sounds wholey unpleasant. Weight loss by methods like this one, using fat-binding substances to reduce the fat absorbed by your body are not sustainable.

The wall you've hit is something everyone gets when trying to loose weight, like SharkFin says it's because your body has caught up and no longer finds the exercise you're doing effective.

For me personally I always champion good diet and exercise - it's simple - eat better (not necessarily less - but equally not to excess) and move more. Also it's worth bearing in mind that everyone is different and some people will never be slim/thin as their body shape and genes just won't cater to it. Interval training is great for weight loss, circuits and running, swimming is good too.

Hope this helps :)

What is this Ali? Is this one of these fat burners I've heard of like 'fat burn grenade' etc?

I've read about those kinds of supplements. I'm not entirely sure how they work, do they have caffeine in? I know a few of them have green tea extract in but you can have green tea itself anyway. For a long time, people have been losing weight and not needed these substances, your body is such an effective machine - it really doesn't need outside help - so if you start messing with it using drugs or substances in place of good food, exercise and sleep then it's going to confuse and possibly damage your body.

Yes agreed, I love interval training. Hurts like a mother but it's damned effective. Just don't do what I do and make a load of progress and then decide to eat a huge McDonalds. :new_doh2:

I think (I may be wrong..) it works by binding a percentage of the fats in the food you eat, therefore stopping your body absorbing them, then when you go to the loo it leaves your body. I can't imagine it's very pleasant to say the least. Not to mention the potential side effects.

Oh dear...without even going into the side-effects, the mechanism you've described has left me with a very graphic image unfortunately... poor intestines.

Yep, wouldn't ever try anything like that myself, I'll be sticking to eating well and being active :)

Yep, wouldn't ever try anything like that myself, I'll be sticking to eating well and being active :)

1317519207815_5947909.png

• Like 2