Any advice/help please?

LS!

I have always wanted to be a police officer but at the moment I'm not old enough! until I can apply in just over a years time I'm getting in as much experience as possible so I can go into the police with the "life experience" they like you to have. I have just applied for a job as a customer service assistant at the trafford centre. I applied in February, passed the application but after the interview I was told I couldn't have the job because I hadnt left school. I have now left and I have been invited to another group interview. The first interview I had we got split into 6 groups and were given tasks. The first was "a customer slips on a spillage in the centre, is claiming to have injured himself and is threatening to sue the company, as a group decide what you would and would not do in this situation" the second was to design a poster using different crafty bits. As a group we did both tasks well and I sort of led the group delegating little tasks. I will be honest, because I was the youngest person there I was brickin it but my group appeared to be rather "slow" I think this made me look a bit bossy and too "in your face" however I have heard that in group interviews they like someone who can lead.

I realise that as specials, some of you may be in this sort of role as your day jobs and I was wondering if you had any advice for this group interview so that I have a decent chance of getting the job. This is the sort of job that will get me some good experience with the public in a better environment than in a small coffee shop with a horrible boss!! I'm desperate for this job as I know it will help with joining!!

Thanks

Luke

Edited by LS!

Simply put; be yourself.

Remember to communicate well and show customer focus at all times much like the police assessment roleplay's remain individual (if your dealing with a customer on a one-to-one basis). If your working as part of a team again than communicate with everyone and get a consensus going - don't be afraid to 'rock the boat' a little.

Edited by Cheers

For those sort of jobs which interview you and assess you as part of a group/team you HAVE to talk a lot and include everyone so just make sure you're not quiet and include people who are not talking in the discussion, thats all they're really looking for in that situation.

I've done 1 when I went to work in Thorpe park. The feedback they gave to me is what I'm giving to you :)

Good luck

• Like 1

Simply put; be yourself.

Remember to communicate well and show customer focus at all times much like the police assessment roleplay's remain individual (if your dealing with a customer on a one-to-one basis). If your working as part of a team again than communicate with everyone and get a consensus going - don't be afraid to 'rock the boat' a little.

For those sort of jobs which interview you and assess you as part of a group/team you HAVE to talk a lot and include everyone so just make sure you're not quiet and include people who are not talking in the discussion, thats all they're really looking for in that situation.

I've done 1 when I went to work in Thorpe park. The feedback they gave to me is what I'm giving to you :)

Good luck

Thanks for the replies, I think I just need to do the same as last time but instead of saying "we need to.." "it should be.." also add "does everybody agree with that" etc etc

Thanks again, fingers crossed i'll get to the next stage! :prone:

• 4 weeks later...

Just a thanks to everyone for the replies...I passed both interview and start in September :D