Renewing Car Insurance

whisper2011

My car insurance is due for renewal. i had my car set on fire outside my house last August so i have to put this down on my insurance (as my car was a write off and i needed to claim) so as you can imagine my insurance price SHOT up

My insurance is coming out at 1700ish for paying in full or 2400ish for paying monthly...at the moment i am paying 210 a month for a 2010 Corsa SXI 1.2L

I have just rang the bank to see if i can get a loan (so i could pay the insurance off in full) as it is alot cheaper paying the bank back 1700 than paying my mum (if i borrowed her card) as i dont have 1700 to hand

I can't get discounts for being a SPECIAL constable as i am not yet....

Does anyone know any cheap insurance companies that are decent and not just money grabbers, from your own experiences?

I can't get discounts for being a SPECIAL constable as i am not yet....

Does anyone know any cheap insurance companies that are decent and not just money grabbers, from your own experiences?

There aren't any discounts for specials. As for companies, it varies so much on age, vehicle and location, what is cheap for someone won't necessarily be cheap for you. I'd suggest looking at the EUI group of companies, elephant, beel, admiral etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There aren't any discounts for specials. As for companies, it varies so much on age, vehicle and location, what is cheap for someone won't necessarily be cheap for you. I'd suggest looking at the EUI group of companies, elephant, beel, admiral etc.

I would concur with Burnsy, EUI have recently come out very cheap for me, I have previously been with directline, who were by far the cheapest for my first few years of motoring, now as my mother has unfortunately had a prang and an SP30, they were wanting to go from reducing my premium for having her on the policy to doubling it....work that one out...

I can definitely attest that EUI will generally offer you a very good price, however do shop around, directline and tesco will often come out quite cheap aswell...and bear in mind that they do not subscribe to any of the price comparison sites, so you need to go to them direct.

Do also make sure you read the policy documents, not all car insurance policies are created equal, which i think leads to alot of the problems people have when claiming on insurance...