iPhone 3g

SZ86

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this one. I am not technically minded at all so this may be an easy question for some lol.

I have recently upgraded my iPhone to run on 4.2.1 and since then its been sooo slow. My 3g coverage only gives me one bar then sometimes I lose coverage all together??

Also if im using an app it will come out of the app, ive noticed this happens maybe after 10mins or so.

So is there anyway to reset phone back to previous settings but still have everything on phone ie contacts, apps, notes, emails?

Any help appreciated

Thanks.

You can do a restore via iTunes. But be warned, It will not reset your firmware back to a previous version though!

When I had an iPhone, I never upgraded the firmware.

Edited by pmtts

You can do a restore via iTunes. But be warned, It will not reset your firmware back to a previous version though!

When I had an iPhone, I never upgraded the firmware.

Ok thanks for that, I'll just leave it as it is then

Wish I hadn't bothered myself now upgrading it grr.

Wish I hadn't bothered myself now upgrading it grr.

Many have fallen victim to it. It is possible to downgrade the very long way from 4.2.1 to 4.1

Check out YouTube.

Is there cool thanks I'll have a wee look and see. Even if it takes forever I'll do it lol

The OS4 on the 3/3G is terrible.

When it went from 3 to 4 it halved the speed if mine, and every update made it slower.

Your not alone.

Plug into iTunes > Back up > Restore > Reload data from back up.

Might help.

As far as im aware, you cant downgrade the software.

I tried and found no way to do it.

The 3G was just ruined by OS4 in general IMO. So i upgraded to the IP4.

As far as im aware, you cant downgrade the software.

I tried and found no way to do it.

Yes you can. There's at least 3 YouTube videos on how to do it.

my iphone 3g was RUBBISH with OS4, really slow, i mean it took a few seconds from "clicking" the unlock slider to getting my screen, apps took ages to load. I simply don't think the 3g was built for this. I guess its like putting windows xp on an old win95 machine. it just wont play nice.

Ok thanks guys.

If I do plug phone into itunes and do the Backup / Restore will I have everything still on phone ie contacts/ emails/ pictures?

Thanks

Ok thanks guys.

If I do plug phone into itunes and do the Backup / Restore will I have everything still on phone ie contacts/ emails/ pictures?

Thanks

As long as you have backed your phone up via iTunes, then it wont be a problem.

As for contacts, always save your contacts to your sim card, never the phone memory.

As long as you have backed your phone up via iTunes, then it wont be a problem.

As for contacts, always save your contacts to your sim card, never the phone memory.

Ok I better make sure I do that I'm a nightmare with things that like lol.

Thanks again