Need a new lappy top

S.P.S.S

Right my last laptop has just died on me and am in need of some help in looking for a good value.

I have looked at so many website on comparing what you should have but they mainly comflict each other!!

What i am basically looking for is a laptop that can multi task, have numerous windows at once open, wireless internet and looks OK. Not massively expensive cheaper the better but still want the performance to so a few things at the same time.

Cheers in advance

SPSS

Try a Compaq Presario CQ60. Brand new for around £280+. I bought this Laptop for the same reasons as you mentioned in your post and I've never had any trouble with it.

Processor
  • Intel Celeron Processor 900 2.2GHz,
  • Level 2 cache 1 MB

Memory

• 2GB DDR2
  • Configuration: 1 x 2048MB
  • Supports up to 4GB
  • 2 x SODIMM slot

Hard Drive

• 250GB SATA 7200rpm

Edited by Arron

You can get a very good one for quite cheap, how much are you willing to pay?

• 2 weeks later...

Samsung RV510, ASDA - £289. Very good deal.

http://direct.asda.com/Samsung-RV510-Laptop---15.6ins---3GB-RAM---320GB-Hard-Drive/000507814,default,pd.html

Can't go wrong with it really. It's fast and reliable. You get the option to take it back within 28 days too if you're not happy.

Edited by tomspen

To be perfectly honest I'd spend a little more and get someting with a better processor. The intel celeron is the basic model of processor used so i'd look for something above that.

For £299 you can have the HP G56-106 Link which featues an AMD dual core processor.

Or the a dell 1545 link which has the Intel dual core processor.

Much better value in my opinion :)