Short Term Insurance

GreenGerkin

Hi

I am going to need to borrow a parents car in the not to distant future, but only for a weekend. (It is a 1.8 Petrol Ford Focus X Reg)

I am 18, and have held my licence for 13 months, although never been insured on any car other than the instructors. (Only drove instructors car when learning)

I have had a look around and cannot find any firm to insure me as most want you to be 21/25+

I was just wondering if anyone knows of anyone who are likely to insure me for the weekend.

Cheers

Not sure if there are any companies who will do a weekends insurance for an under 21, however, this firm do 28 day policies for under 21's http://www.ecarinsur...co.uk/index.php

Got to agree with this one, is what I used to insure temp cars. Isn't cheap, but was the only way.

However you wont be able to have two insurance policies on the one car. Or at least that's my understanding of it.

• 1 month later...

Hey dude, thing to do is ring up the insurance company that your parents are insured with currently and ask to be added as a temporary named driver. Use it all the time when i need to drive my parents car. Only thing is there is normally a admin fee of like £15 longer you insure for the better value it becomes.

I've used the above company on numerous occasions. I'd be surprised if they cant sort you out :whistle:

Says on site 25 plus lol.

Says on site 25 plus lol.

Oh well, looks like they have up'd the age then.