Smellies

maka

The other day at work people were talking about stinky sprays perfumes and aftershaves. Some people wear £50 stuff to work. I think they're mad.

What is cheap in price and smells good for work, I'm still amazed at people spending loads of money just for work and not "for best"

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrative Account

• maka

• Merlin820

• French-A

What is cheap in price and smells good for work,

Depends what works for you, one scent can smell good on one person and terrible on another.

Wouldn't really recommend wearing lots of perfume / aftershave on duty though.

i was more on about "day job" - haah lynx, yeah, good old africa, that's probably still knocking about somewhere as an emergency aftershave.

anyways, i go away from topic, as I said, i find it mad some people pay silly amounts for work!

probably a cheap-ish one i would use "all the time" is the pink joop, thats quite nice.

see, then again i dont like having that cloud of aftershave some have, you can smell some people 10 mins before you can see them :)

good old africa

Exactly the one I use (not aftershave lol)

I wear the stuff I like, regardless of how "expensive" or "inexpensive" it is. I mostly wear it for myself, but I know that some people are really attracted to it when it's on me! :)

Blue Stratos. Works for me.

iagree.gif I'm a girl but I do have to say that does smell quite nice on men! :)

Sorry but lynx smiley_vomit.gif

Hai Karate. :)

Seriously though, I wouldn't wear perfume to go out on duty. Have a shower, plenty of deodarant and a clean shirt, maybe a bit of baby powder to keep yourself dry.

Keeping your kit clean helps too, no amount of showering and deo will help you smell fresh if your stabby and fleece is getting a bit ripe!

Edited by Merlin820

I wear the following for college/work:

Joop - 75ml EDT - Amazon: £27.75

Jean Paul Gaultier - Amazon: 75ml EDT - £33.45

Calvin Klein Obsession - 75ml EDT - Around £20-30 on the internet

For best:

Armani Code - 75ml EDT - I get it from my local fragrance shop at £50 but I'm sure it's much cheaper online. My friends think it smells like weed which is the best compliment I receive .. and is the opening subject to any party/night out I attend :) So I've started to wear the JPG more for best :aok:

Lifebuoy Carbolic Soap and VIM :duur:

Edited: can't spell Lifeboy :doh:

Edited by Cheetah

I use Dolce and Gabana The One when i am on and off duty and in my day job

I always wear aftershave when I am on duty as before I go out is the only time in the week I bother having a shave.

can you still get hai karate, last time i heard it mentioned was on "Life on mars"

I think what i may stick to is a variation of joop.

I did buy an industrial sizes "brut" in NYC for about $12 as i found it amusing it still existed. but that's hardly a everyday smell, it's more nipping to the shops.

Will keep up the hunt for something smelly that i dont mind keeping in my work bag all day.

I did get a mini selection of hackett ones and the "bespoke" is nice but the bottle was small as it was a pack of 3 minis can't find proper ones anywhere

can you still get hai karate, last time i heard it mentioned was on "Life on mars"

Well..............how to make someone feel good! :) I remember being on sale and advertised on the telly!

Joop. Really? :)

What about Next? The women's smellies are nice for everyday so the men's may be ok?