Orange data

Indiana Jones

Has anyone else had difficulty (inability) to connect to data via Orange in the last two days?

Voice and SMS/MMS are fine but anything else is not connecting eg email, internet, weather download, GMaps, iTunes and AppStore.

I don't do a lot of talking or texting, most of my usage is data so I'm paying for something I'm not getting at the mo'.

Had a few problems connecting to the web late last night on BlackBerry but seems fine this morning.

If it's an iPhone you've got try Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings and see if that helps.

If not, try connecting to 2G and see if that works, if it does then there might be issues with the 3G in the area so I'd give them a call.

Interestingly I'm T-Mobile, but 'Orange' has started appearing on and off with the roaming triangle (alternating with 'T-Mobile') in the last few days. No reception issues though.

If it's an iPhone you've got try Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings and see if that helps.

If not, try connecting to 2G and see if that works, if it does then there might be issues with the 3G in the area so I'd give them a call.

Cool, that's done the trick thanks.

I never really got why the settings would change randomly and needed resetting/re-entering. It would happen with semi regular frequency with my old phone too - but you don't get it happening with PCs for example so why should a phone just go ahead and change data stored in that file...?

Anyway, all sorted now. Thanks for your answers everyone.

Interestingly I'm T-Mobile, but 'Orange' has started appearing on and off with the roaming triangle (alternating with 'T-Mobile') in the last few days. No reception issues though.

With T-Mobile now using the Orange network, when I strayed into a T-Mobile signal area I recieved a text from Orange saying "Congratulations you have received T-Mobile signal for the first time". I was very pleased... :(

Cool, that's done the trick thanks.

I never really got why the settings would change randomly and needed resetting/re-entering. It would happen with semi regular frequency with my old phone too - but you don't get it happening with PCs for example so why should a phone just go ahead and change data stored in that file...?

Anyway, all sorted now. Thanks for your answers everyone.

It's not that the phone settings need changed, sometimes the SIM just needs restarted. With most other phones you'd do a SIM clean, but the iPhone has a network reset that does the same job.

It's not that the phone settings need changed, sometimes the SIM just needs restarted. With most other phones you'd do a SIM clean, but the iPhone has a network reset that does the same job.

So is it kind of like a driver then? It needs updating and so clearing the SIM/doing a reset forces the phone to pickup a new 'driver'?

I know Orange use several different makes of hardware in their networks (where others only use one). Possibly this diversity means that Orange needs more resets than other networks??

Just thinking out loud....

So is it kind of like a driver then? It needs updating and so clearing the SIM/doing a reset forces the phone to pickup a new 'driver'?

I know Orange use several different makes of hardware in their networks (where others only use one). Possibly this diversity means that Orange needs more resets than other networks??

Just thinking out loud....

No, you need to remember that most people keep their phone on constantly and it's constantly picking up information from the network, so every now and again it needs restarted like everything else in life, it always happens when you do major changes on the accounts like tariff changes/addons etc.