Wanting to buy a Scooter/Moped

King Scotts

I've ridden Mopeds for quite sometime. I've never heard of those bikes you mention in that link?

I've always found a Sym or Piaggio 125'cc mopeds a worthy investment.

I wouldn't recommend buying a brand new one to be honest.

I bought a moped when i turned 16, got it for 500. Two and a half years later, i sold it for 380, with a few scratches, as i fell off it twice :unsure: .

Around the same time, my mate bought one for 1200, had no end of trouble with it, and sold it back to the shop he bought it from for 600.

Around the same time, my mate bought one for 1200, had no end of trouble with it, and sold it back to the shop he bought it from for 600.

What do you class as no end of trouble?

read my old topic Scotts :)

http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=90850

as PMTTS says Sym are good, I have had issues with mine, these are because i am a tool and hardly get it serviced. (air intake, but that corroded with salt and bad weather, and now the front brake went dodgy)

thing with SYM make sure you have a local dealer, I have to use one in Bristol or Leeds for parts.

SYM Symply 125 mine, nice run about roomy (for legs)and is nippy.

I have a large pannier box on the top and can fit about 3 shopping bags of shopping in it comfortably.

I'd not get a 50cc 30mph is too depressing to ride on, when im ina 30 i think, woah is this all a 50 can do. no good if you need to get out of some trouble!

stay away from the cheap ones like that direct bikes, as they are chinese cheep things, heard parts are a nightmare, and things like the electrics go on them quite easy. maybe okay for a £500 rag around, but i assume when they all go wrong they will cost.

Piaggio, Sym, Suzuki, Peugeot, Aprilla, Honda, Vespa (ooh lovely) are a few reputable makes of motorbike. if you want a 125cc and can part with the cash something "Bigger" like a Suzuki Bergman looks like the dogs!

thing with SYM make sure you have a local dealer, I have to use one in Bristol

Is that Fowlers? I've used them many times and have cut out the middle man (bike shop)

Saved me a fortune!

I use Startright (Leeds)

or Kellaway in Bristol

will bear fowlers in mind, I need a new horn mine is dying too (or loose, considering a Stebel Nautilus, or however you spell that) but not sure if that will be compatible with the Symply!

sounds like a dying bee being electrocuted.