iPad problems...

csiguy

Ladies and Gents,

I am prevented from using this site on my iPad as each time I click into a comment or reply box, it closes Safari and goes to the home screen..

Any ideas what the problem is? I have the most up to date version of software installed.

Cheers

CSI Guy (on my iPhone!!)

I had this, albeit with another forum. I just reset it (or whatever it's called) via iTunes and it solved the problem.

Beyond that I can't help i'm afraid.... Have you checked how many programs you have running in the background?

Should work fine with safari, try resetting the settings back to normal and also clearing cookies, history from within safari.

You can get opra mini for the iPad which works :p

• Like 1

Should work fine with safari, try resetting the settings back to normal and also clearing cookies, history from within safari.

You can get opra mini for the iPad which works :p

Yup, Opera Mini is brilliant - seems to solve most of the troubles I get with Safari, plus its a little quicker when your struggling to get a good 3G signal.

I'm an iPad addict. Never heard of this problem before.

Take it back, there's obviously an issue. Did you get it from an Apple store?

Edited by pmtts

I use the IPB app to handle my message boards/forums. Works very well.

App store link to Opera Mini: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/opera-mini-web-browser/id363729560?mt=8

Its free which is nice. Failing that do take it back to an Apple Store, the Genius bar is often really helpful, they've replaced a friends iPhone that was out of warranty for free after he had an issue with the microphone.

• 2 months later...

I use the IPB app to handle my message boards/forums. Works very well.

+1

get one of the forum apps, much nicer than using the browser. I use tapatalk was only about £1.20

Like Sparkydale mentioned can you use the IPB app on the iPad? if not have a look at the tapatalk app, I use both on my iPhone but not entirely sure if they have iPad versions. getting my iPad at the end of the month when it comes back into stock :aok:

My iPhone threw a wobbler like this twice, I switched it off & back on and it was fine.