Roadworks website?

Gelf

does anyone know of a way that I can find out when some roadworks will be finished?

there is a road by me that had a "Work starts here for 30 weeks" sign on it and the 30 weeks will soon be up, is there any way i can find out if it is still on target to finish on time or how much longer the work could take?

There is a searchable road works database in regard to motorway/A-roads, at http://www.trafficen...uptions.aspx#ds - which dates when work will 'end'. No idea if they update that with delays.

If normal roads, I'd assume probably have to go through the relevant Council.. I imagine getting accurate information other than the standard displayed at the road work site itself, may be trickier than expected... blush.gif

Edited by JamesK

Try your local county council highways website. :)

edited to add beaten by JK (must have been seconds ahead of me!!)

Edited by The Highway Man

Got exactly the same problem here where I live. Signs have gone up that the road outside my house will be closed for 3 months whilst they rebuild a weak bridge just down the road. (A505 Hitchin)

But no notification to the residents that will be affected by this at all, nothing on the Hertfordshire Highways website, only a phone number on the signs that we had to call and after being on hold for 1/2 hour we eventually found out what was going on. :huh:

Its the speed that they work at that buggs me, I have no doubt that if the council set them deadlines the work could be done in half the time!