Adobe Fireworks

Bravo

I usually use Serif Drawplus SE Pro for graphics, the title may be misleading though, as it is not a pro piece of software.

Pro - defines it from the lower version of it.

I was reccomended to Adobe Fireworks, which I would consider a more professional piece of software, however the rendering (export/output) is not too familiar.

I have the option of

1. File > Save As

2. File > Export

When I export the image, I am not given a choice of export dimensions for the image to be. Serif always gives me that.

I guess that the final size of the image, once exported, is the same as the clipboard dimensions. Am I correct there? (or a Vector by default)

It has become apparent that there is a lot more to know, than meets the eye.

Doesn't it tell you in the manual you got with that software?

Doesn't it tell you in the manual you got with that software?

Oh manuals, manuals, manuals :aok:

I haven't really read one, it is a trial version, and too much to read through really. ;)

I have opened a PSD (unscalable vector) and it has pixelated in the editing process preview. I have exported it in a high resolution format, and it has also pixelated without even zooming into the image.

post-20408-0-22146100-1294173183_thumb.jpg

Unless it's vectored, it will always pixelate (but don't mistake that for it looking jaggy on screen due to the screen not being able to render it absolutely perfectly). It will take a longer time to pixelate the higher the resolution of course, but it matters not. Any bitmap image - such as a digital photo or scanned photo - will always pixelate. That includes logos and text created in a bitmap programme.

However, a vectored image can be exported as a vectored image at any size and you shouldn't need to enter any dimensions.

A bitmap image you will get that option, but exporting a low-resolution image as a high-resolution image won't make a jot of difference to the quality. No programme can put in what isn't there, whatever the hype.

I'm not clear at all from the original post what it is you require, but you can convert a vector image to bitmap, but you can't go the other way around. What is exactly you're trying to do?

When I export the image, I don't get asked what size I would like the image.

Is it a vectored image? I'm wondering if it is, would need to be asked what size you want to export to?

I have fireworks cs4 , on that version you can change the file size and file dimensions when exporting, but you don't click save or export

Click File, Image Preview

In that window you have the size options, to change the size of the file ie, kb, mb there is a magic wand icon and a spanner looking icon, click the spanner button.

That should be it.

I have just exported it with the reccomdended filetype of TIFF (lossless), and it is saved on "My Pictures", yet it is not in there when I check.

I can only see it in "My Pictures", whilst browsing in Fireworks.

• 1 month later...

Adobe created fireworks for webdesign, it's not as good as photoshop I feel from my personal/professional experience. When you export select the format you want to export as, by default a fireworks project saves as .png.

What exactly are you looking to do with this?

This is an old thread and I figured it out now. :yawn: