Good Winter Jacket needed

GodAtum

I'm looking for a good, waterproof, warm winter jacket. I like the look of the Berghaus one but they are quite expensive! Are they any good?

Is there any particular jacket that has taken your fancy so far?

Where and when and for what is it most likely to be used? That'll give us a better idea of what to suggest.

Edited by BouQueen's Speech

It'll be used out and about in town (doing shopping, commuting etc). I like ones with secure internal pockets.

This one looks nice:

http://www.daleswear.co.uk/index.cfm?action=shop.detail&pid=E6EFF358-F04C-16AC-AC3076DCABF0C247&cid=CAB1C866-B52B-8B28-E1AA9F53437E54E6&order=priceLow&page=1

The RG1 seems to be a popular choice with city folks. Looks smart, and with the 3in1 version you should be kept nice and cozy too.

But yeah, like you said, the price is a bit hefty. If you were looking at a lower price range though, then I reckon maybe a Craghoppers jacket would give you better features for less money - map-sized pockets, wired hood, longer length.

Thanks for your advice. I think I'll need to go to a shop and try them out.

That is always the best thing to do. Hopefully you'll have it by the time the winter weather reaches down to Londinium!

According to another post on the forum the Arktis Avenger jacket is really warm?

According to another post on the forum the Arktis Avenger jacket is really warm?

The Arktis Avenger B510 in Black is £95 from Arktis via their eBay shop or £60 in Grey from Lansdale who are an approved distributor.

The female version is the B315W but appears to only be available to order.

• 2 weeks later...

Try the station canteen coat rack. :rolleyes:

" I think I'll need to go to a shop and try them out." (and then leg it)

Aye, rite..... :blu: