Seat Wear

gsdk9

I have a jeep grand cherokee as a take home vehicle for K9. I have noticed that my gunbelt has caused a wear hole on the outer edge of the seat. Granted it is left side drive but my gun is on the right side of the belt. On the left is the double magazine carrier, flashlight, asp, key holder, radio, glove case, pepperspray, gun (sig 226) and double handcuff case rounding out the belt. the approximate mid point is the glove case. I am of medium tactical girth. any repair suggestions or preventative measures for the seat would be welcome.

I will add a picture when I figure out how to do so.

Shoot more holes in the seat to even it out like a poke a dot chair?

Or Ducktape as suggested.....maybe seat covers?

Forgot to add, the seat is cloth not vinyl.

I suppose you could get the sewing kit out and patch it up with a hardier type of fabric of a similar colour - maybe some ripstop nylon or Cordura or something similar?

Edited by Bouquaine

• 2 weeks later...

get a thigh holster for your gun? biggrin.gif

I can only dream of getting authorization for the coveted thigh holster, maybe the seat thing will help. :whistle:

take your belt off before you get in the car?

That's a Negative ghost rider, It is the duty car, duty belt required.

But the sewing kit with carpet thread is looking promising.

That's a Negative ghost rider, It is the duty car, duty belt required.

But the sewing kit with carpet thread is looking promising.

sorry, when you said it is a take home car I thought it was your own. if it is a duty car then I wouldn't bother about it. it's your force that will have to put up the cost of repair.