Bought Something I Never Recieved and Seller Refuses To Give Me My Money Back!

Fisal316

Hey Guys

I got a bit of a problem with a seller not on ebay, but on facebook. I bought two Art Prints off this person. A Nightmare on Elm Street one and Friday the 13th one and never got either of them. Bought the Nightmare one on the 20 September and they said it was posted on the 7th October. Paid for the Friday one on the 1st of October... Its now Nov 15th and i've got nothing... I piad for them through paypal in which i've put a claim for the Friday 13th poster. But i missed the claim date for the Nightmare poster cause i simply forgot about it due to me going though some peosonal issues....

But anyway. My friend is going through the same thing. He got the Nightmare one, but didn't get the Friday one in which he has put a claim in for too

Paypal said they can't do anything about the Nightmare poster since i went over my 45 day limit for a claim. They said contact the seller. But the seller is refusing to give me my money back of £22.94 cause they said they posted it so i should blame my postal service. This person said we have a lot of people who recieved their orders, and yet i still feel robbed.

My friend said i should go to my bank and try and claim my money back there, he said he had touble with a seller before and they managed to get his money back, no problem.

Any Help? :(:p:aok:

So this is your second post in nearly three years...

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. PoliceSpecials.com disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Reference Library' and 'Downloads' areas.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

Paypal said they can't do anything about the Nightmare poster since i went over my 45 day limit for a claim.

And had you put a claim in within the 45 day limit, PayPal would have placed on hold funds related to the transaction until the dispute had been resolved or closed.

As a daily PayPal user, I'd personally write the £22.94 off. As for the Bank refunding you, that's a new one on me! I'd be interested to know how that one was pulled off!?!

But to be brutally honest, 45 days is more than enough time to be given to claim, regardless of how busy you are.

I've had money refunded by the bank for an internet purchase which never arrived. The seller (a company based in Scotland) took the money for an item and then ignored all further emails and calls. After 30 days my bank investigated and refunded the money.

OP as your purchase was through PayPal and you are outside of their 45 day limit I doubt you will ever see your money again. Have you contacted the seller directly and asked for your money/goods?

You can buy things on facebook now? Well that's a new one on me and you learn something every day.

You can buy things on facebook now?

Blimey, I wouldn't want to!

But the seller is refusing to give me my money back of £22.94 cause they said they posted it so i should blame my postal service. This person said we have a lot of people who recieved their orders, and yet i still feel robbed.

If the seller is in the UK then it is the responsibility of the person who delivered it into the mail system to provide proof of postage and claim a refund. Most reputable companies will refund you after 21 days of the date it was posted should something have not arrived or will send a replacement item and then claim the value of the goods and postage back from Royal Mail. You shouldn't be out of pocket, however there is little you can do as you are out of the Paypal 45 days. Only other suggestion I'd have is a report to trading standards (or maybe BBC Watchdog?)

"So this is your second post in nearly three years..."

Yeah i know its been awhile... but just been busy with Uni and some personal stuff along with it....

Shame my post got a -2 rating :rolleyes:

Edited by Fisal316
  • Like 1

If the seller is in the UK then it is the responsibility of the person who delivered it into the mail system to provide proof of postage and claim a refund.

And make sure it's done at least Recorded signed for. Otherwise you will get a book of 1st class stamps as compo!

Anything I send out now is done via Recorded Signed for. But saying that,they still go missing now and then! :strop:

Edited by pmtts

Is it possible for the mods to delete this thread please? :D

Think it was bit of a rambled topic...