Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Chief Rat

    Hello heebs120 On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 9 views
  2. Chief Rat

    Hello bradderz1997 On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 13 views
  3. Juabbo
    Started by Juabbo * ,

    Hi all, I am currently waiting for Avon and Somerset to open recruitment and I am wondering, as I read somewhere, is it possible to get assigned to any particular unit whilst going through probation? i.e. detectives ,or are the 2 years just done as a general duties officer to gain overall experience? Thanks in advance, Julian.

    • 1 reply
    • 269 views
  4. Chief Rat

    Hello safipat On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 3 replies
    • 33 views
  5. Jasmine2be
    Started by Jasmine2be * ,

    So I'll start of with that I'm just over the moon I really am! I started my process of becoming a police officer early this year with the MET and apart from a little bump it's been smooth sailing. Up until I got my letter saying I failed on vetting checks! I had no idea what would cause me to fail, so I wrote the best appeal letter I could. Ive seen some pretty impressive appeals by other people who have references from other police officers etc and thought no chance I can win mine. Well I got my email saying they have revered their desicion and are going forward with my application! I'm so unbelievably happy and can not wait to start the next step. …

  6. Chief Rat

    Hello Jasmine2be On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 12 views
  7. Chief Rat

    Hello ablackrat On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 20 views
  8. Chief Rat

    Hello Josh On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 2 replies
    • 25 views
  9. Chief Rat

    Hello Bradhales On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 14 views
  10. Chief Rat

    Hello agp On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 9 views
  11. mssbee
    Started by mssbee,

    Hi everyone Just new to this and haven't a clue what to do! I have my assessment centre in November and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice and what to expect? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

    • 1 reply
    • 539 views
  12. Chief Rat

    Hello Ahooper53 On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 15 views
  13. Chief Rat

    Hello jamesenright On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 22 views
  14. lukecr91
    Started by lukecr91 * ,

    Hi, I’m currently in the process of applying to Essex Police as a PC and have today received confirmation that because of two relatively small tattoos on my hands my application cannot proceed. However, when making the application I advised that they were due to be removed and my first laser removal session took place on 07th October with another 2/3 to go before they’re gone. Should I appeal on the basis that they wouldn’t be there by the time I’d joined or leave it until further down the line when they’re gone? Thanks in advance

  15. Chief Rat

    Hello Desf1980 On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 12 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.