Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
PC Whom?

Mercedes Sprinter van

PC Whom?

PE56UGXLooking for a bit of help folks, this van is currently on sale on the eBays as an ex-police motor, I've found the attached pics of it operational on Flickr, anyone able to say what it was used for (and also if it's likely to have been trashed around like a typical police van)

Cheers 

Member Achievements

Sir Penguin

How many miles does it have on the clock?

Member Achievements

PC Whom?

141,000, not sure how that compares to other public order type vans, we tend to see our response vans get replaced around the 150,000 mark, and by that time they're complete sheds

Edited by PC Whom?

Member Achievements

Sir Penguin

I'm no expert on cars and I can't say what it's been used for, but I personally would never buy an ex police car as I've seen how they've been driven :D 

Edited by Sir Penguin
typo

Member Achievements

PC Whom?

I'm no expert on cars and I can't say what it's been used for, but I personally would never buy an ex police car as I've seen how they've been driven :D 

That was my initial thought, but I'm looking at it for conversion to a camper/sports van and seeing as it's halfway there it seems like it might do just the job, at least it should have been regularly serviced unlike some of the delivery vans out there that seem to have every single panel bashed! I'm intrigued as to what it's been given its got the orange lights and not marked up, I'm really hoping someone will come along here and tell me it's never been driven in anger...

Member Achievements

Sceptre

It looks like it'll have been a crash van or a search van with the lights and ladders on top and that cover on the side, and only having been driven about 20k miles a year. Either way as a '56 plate ex-police van it's probably in rag order so caveat emptor. 

Member Achievements

LankyDan

Given the number plate it could be an ex Lancs Police OSU van... However the sprinters are normally blue so it's possibly been sprayed... And had the shutter added...

OSU teams normally have their own van as oppose to a pool vehicle... That doesn't mean it hasn't been ragged about.

Edited by LankyDan

Member Achievements

LankyDan

Scrap that... I think it's a merseyside police van possibly matrix?

Edited by LankyDan

Member Achievements

LankyDan

You our can see the grille lights... Looks like an unmarked van...

MPA0276 PE56UGX

Member Achievements

Shmook

Given the number plate it could be an ex Lancs Police OSU van... However the sprinters are normally blue so it's possibly been sprayed... And had the shutter added...

OSU teams normally have their own van as oppose to a pool vehicle... That doesn't mean it hasn't been ragged about.

My money is that it's been sprayed anyway, sprinters are good for billions of miles but they are rot boxes.

As you say, our OSU do have their own vans, they seem to be treated the same as any other police vehicle though...

Edited by Shmook

Member Achievements

PCSD

Without going into operational info (as a similar vehicle is still in use), as far as I'm aware uniformed bods never used this vehicle. If it has been used on IR runs it will have been very infrequently! 

Member Achievements