New Vehicles

InspectorJavert

2wheelsgood

Don't know about cars, but my bike dealer (Rainbow in Rotherham to give them a plug) services BMW bikes from all over the place - I have seen Lincs, SYP, WYP, Humberside, and even Durham marked bikes in there over the years. They are good though - I willingly travel over 200 miles round trip for a service there rather than use the local dealers (who charge the same) as I trust they will do right; cannot say the same of the closer ones (one of which once left the oil cap off after a service and in a boxer that is nigh on terminal if not picked up quickly :20_EmoticonsHDcom:).

My own force seems to service their own cars (and has just advertised for apprenticeship vehicle technicians (I think they used to be called mechanics)) but the more niche stuff - why pay for the training and ongoing CPD for something done once / twice a year when you can get the local franchised dealer to do it and they will use people who do it all the time so are [probably] are efficient and experienced and therefore less downtime?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eebs

• VAFive-O

• AA101

• BlueBob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The issue has always been there, but we just ignored it and relied on the we're exempt because we're the police. A few incidents later and we are where we are.

New toy for the TFL and BTP joint Emergency response units   Photo from @BTPNetworkResp There are 5 of these new trucks joining the 4 already in service on 57 plates, plus 2 05 plate R

You say that, but looking at most police cars in the US, I'd consider them luxury! Pretty much every police cruiser seems to be a high-powered vehicle. The vast majority of our vehicles are 1.6l diese

Posted Images

VAFive-O
1 hour ago, 2wheelsgood said:

Don't know about cars, but my bike dealer (Rainbow in Rotherham to give them a plug) services BMW bikes from all over the place - I have seen Lincs, SYP, WYP, Humberside, and even Durham marked bikes in there over the years. They are good though - I willingly travel over 200 miles round trip for a service there rather than use the local dealers (who charge the same) as I trust they will do right; cannot say the same of the closer ones (one of which once left the oil cap off after a service and in a boxer that is nigh on terminal if not picked up quickly :20_EmoticonsHDcom:).

My own force seems to service their own cars (and has just advertised for apprenticeship vehicle technicians (I think they used to be called mechanics)) but the more niche stuff - why pay for the training and ongoing CPD for something done once / twice a year when you can get the local franchised dealer to do it and they will use people who do it all the time so are [probably] are efficient and experienced and therefore less downtime?

We do that for the niche stuff.  Our motorcycles are all serviced by a local Harley-Davidson dealer and our Marine Patrol boats go to an authorized service centre.

• 7 months later...
MindTheGap

New toy for the TFL and BTP joint Emergency response units 

Photo from @BTPNetworkResp

IMG_0235.JPG

There are 5 of these new trucks joining the 4 already in service on 57 plates, plus 2 05 plate RART vehicles (blue Ivecos). They carry fleet numbers B880 to B884 (the current ones bearing B87-B90). There are also 5 TfL branded ones not crewed by any BTP personnel.

• Like 2