Msn news. Lower motorway speed limits to 64mph and ban driving in cities on Sundays: MPs call for drastic measures to slash fuel use and oil imports in new report

Member of public 1

MPs have released a new report listing a number of recommendations to reduce the nation's reliance on oil - and it includes slashing speed limits and introducing driving restrictions at weekends.  https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/lower-motorway-speed-limits-to-64mph-and-ban-driving-in-cities-on-sundays-mps-call-for-drastic-measures-to-slash-fuel-use-and-oil-imports-in-new-report/ar-AA160tXi?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=b887c27238e44e0f97f9545488d12a6f

What a load of drivel! 

We can’t even manage Electric cars properly, which are more expensive than diesel cars now to run, and that’s after the nightmare of having to charge multiple time on a long journey. 

Renewable energy is a pipe dream because the National Grid doesn’t have any power storage, it generates power on need. 

We can reduce oil usage by building a gigafactory and storing renewable and nuclear energy. 

Let’s be honest, we are one of the wetter nations and we somehow run out of water 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Ether
  • Like 2

I totally agree, what  loads of Bow Locks. Green Vehicles, apparently are not green than conventional.  It takes a lot of energy to make the vehicles and their batteries, adding that the electricity to recharge them. The recent Bank Holiday travel showed that there us no capacity to charge all the vehicles. Add to that the time it takes to charge. At the moment I can drive into a garage and fill up my tank, giving 600 mile range in less than 5 minutes. An electric car takes several hours to give it, possibly 200 miles max.

Just penalise the motorist for no reason as many governments have. Electric vehicles, at the moment pay no tax and are expensive to purchase. They contribute to "Road Wear" and should be taxed fully

Edited by Zulu 22
  • Like 2