Queen under medical supervision at Balmoral after doctors’ concerns

Equin0x

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/08/queen-under-medical-supervision-at-balmoral-after-doctors-concerns

Prince Charles in attendance and Prince William on way as monarch remains under medical supervision

Sounds quite serious, and when I switched on BBC for a look the presenter and sign language person were both wearing black :(

Edited by Equin0x
  • Like 1

RIP.

God Save the King!

What a fine leader she was, not oft seen these days. A dignified, decent in a position of power and responsibility. 

R.I.P.

God save the King!

Edited by Bravo Sierra
  • Like 1

RIP

God save the King.

She was the finest example, respected and loved, God Speed.

• Like 2

I was at a dinner last night when the sad news came through. After the meal the first toast was the "Loyal Toast" to "The King" followed by the National anthem of "God Save the King". It felt most strange. I feel a little sorry for Charles as he has very large shoes to try and fill.  I am proud to have served and lived through the era of HM Queen Elizabeth the II.

Is it true the police radio announced "London bridge has fallen down"?

1 hour ago, ChristopherM said:

Is it true the police radio announced "London bridge has fallen down"?

That is in the back of my mind from years ago. It was the code for the death of the Monarch.

I don't know if it was used but it probably wouldn't be a good idea as no one would know what anyone was on about. 

18 hours ago, Zulu 22 said:

That is in the back of my mind from years ago. It was the code for the death of the Monarch.

There is nothing in the Op LONDON BRIDGE plan that uses that phrase. 

• Confused 1

I thought I read that "London Bridge is down" was the wording that would be used to notify the PM.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Equin0x said:

I thought I read that "London Bridge is down" was the wording that would be used to notify the PM.

Sounds very American and I have read some pretty high up plans and that phrase isn’t mentioned. But you never know

A Met Police officer has spoken of their emotion at the dramatic message they received following Queen Elizabeth II's death. On Twitter, @AnotherMetPC said: "Tonight as I was on duty, I heard the following circulation over the radio: 'All units standby, London Bridge has fallen down, London Bridge has fallen down'.

"'Stand by for further direction, Met control out'." Operation London Bridge is the official plan for the days following the monarch's death.

The officer, who does not use their real name but reveals they are a police constable aged 25, added they were "a bit emotional" after hearing the message while on duty. According to the Mirror, full details of Operation London Bridge were leaked last year, giving a full day-to-day rundown of what will happen after the Queen passes away.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-officer-tells-emotion-hearing-24977913

you have to wonder why use code words on an encrypted system? And for those who NEED to know, they’re  are on speed dial anyway.