Platinum Jubilee 2022

Wikicop20

Hello all.

What are your plans for HM’s Platinum Jubilee 2022?

I hope (not working) to go to central London, on the Thurs 2nd and bimble about the Mall, Palaces, Horse Guards and watch all the action. Imagine there will be lots of police, military etc and hoping my spotting skills will be up to scratch!

Quite a feat for a head of state - Sovereign or not - to do 70 years on the throne. 

Then I have a big lunch on the Sunday. 

This is the last Platinum we shall likely see for many many years and is the first of course. 

• Global Moderators

I have picked up lots of BH double pay OT! 

• Like 2

On 17/05/2022 at 22:24, Hoofing said:

I have picked up lots of BH double pay OT! 

Good show!

Working, quite a lot. Wondering if I can beat the system and get a medal, before it after. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SimonT said:

Working, quite a lot. Wondering if I can beat the system and get a medal, before it after. 

Platinum Medal you mean? If you've done five years already, you should get it automatically I think. 

Stay safe. 

Ah, the system I refer to is the actually getting one without having to cross the force on a rest day to get my hands on it. Administrative issues. Classic ones. 

• Haha 1

Speaking of medals..and not to be morbid….I take it there will be a coronation medal at some point to?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeebs said:

Speaking of medals..and not to be morbid….I take it there will be a coronation medal at some point to?

Yes there will. 

We are unlikely to see another Jubilee medal in our life time  

On 22/05/2022 at 03:25, Jeebs said:

Yes. Not sure how long you have to have been in (a) uniform, but imagine it will be dishes out within the next ten years, sadly. 

• 1 month later...
On 22/05/2022 at 13:28, Ether said:

Yes there will. 

We are unlikely to see another Jubilee medal in our life time  

I reckon a 75 year jubilee is a possibility and would also mark another remarkable milestone for QE2.

Whilst she is old and becoming more frail, there’s no reason to suggest that she’s in poor health.

Her mother lived to 101, which if QE2 lives the same amount of time would get her over that line and also a record what will probably never come close to being beaten.

There’s every possibility in my career I’ll have a Platinum Jubilee medal; a Diamond Jubilee medal; and two King’s Coronation medals…if things carry on the way they are maybe even a Long Service and Good Conduct medal and the QPM too. I won’t hold my breath on the last two.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, POM0272 said:

I reckon a 75 year jubilee is a possibility and would also mark another remarkable milestone for QE2.

Whilst she is old and becoming more frail, there’s no reason to suggest that she’s in poor health.

Her mother lived to 101, which if QE2 lives the same amount of time would get her over that line and also a record what will probably never come close to being beaten.

There’s every possibility in my career I’ll have a Platinum Jubilee medal; a Diamond Jubilee medal; and two King’s Coronation medals…if things carry on the way they are maybe even a Long Service and Good Conduct medal and the QPM too. I won’t hold my breath on the last two.

Jubilee is only every decade, but they could bring it forward, they may consider it unacceptable cost tho. At 96 it’s unlikely I think we will see another. 

Do you have another 20+ years of service left? That sounds like a long time when put like that.

Charles will last quite a while so 2 Coronation medals will be a push, but not unachievable. 

More importantly the mounting of those medals will cost you a fortune, I can’t afford it as it is 😆

Edited by Ether
  • Like 1

There is a 75th jubilee, it’s a Diamond Jubilee. They come every 5 years in the latter stages, they decided not to do anything for the 65th as Cameron and Gideon were cutting anything not screwed down. That was the first medal I didn’t get.

I have got just over 20 years left and will have the luxury of working just short of 40 years in the police when I retire - albeit not all as a cop.

Some people I’m tutoring/working with are going to be doing 40 years as a cop - some 42 years. And that’s before they increase the retirement age to 75. When they do we might start getting Jubilee medals for our own service to the public. I might be like Mutley out of Dick Dastardly and His Flying Machines.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, POM0272 said:

There is a 75th jubilee, it’s a Diamond Jubilee. They come every 5 years in the latter stages, they decided not to do anything for the 65th as Cameron and Gideon were cutting anything not screwed down. That was the first medal I didn’t get.

I have got just over 20 years left and will have the luxury of working just short of 40 years in the police when I retire - albeit not all as a cop.

Some people I’m tutoring/working with are going to be doing 40 years as a cop - some 42 years. And that’s before they increase the retirement age to 75. When they do we might start getting Jubilee medals for our own service to the public. I might be like Mutley out of Dick Dastardly and His Flying Machines.

The Diamond Jubilee was in 2012? Reading the Royal collection info it could be called golden or Diamond but is unlikely to be a re-used term. Seems to be a suggestion of oak or moonstone.
I doubt medals will now be issued every 5 years, there is a significant cost.  

40 years, can’t claim medals if you are in an asylum 😆

14 hours ago, POM0272 said:

It's often interesting, as what people get can simply depend upon when and where they served. After all, apart from 1977 Silver, there was not another Jubilee gong until 02 Golden, so if you joined late 70s and left let's say early 2000s you will have missed all. But if you joined end of 21st century you might even have all three jubilee medals and get the coronation as you say!

8 hours ago, Wikicop20 said:

It's often interesting, as what people get can simply depend upon when and where they served. After all, apart from 1977 Silver, there was not another Jubilee gong until 02 Golden, so if you joined late 70s and left let's say early 2000s you will have missed all. But if you joined end of 21st century you might even have all three jubilee medals and get the coronation as you say!

The Golden one was limited and not everyone got one bizarrely. 

May get luck and get a third jubilee medal and a coronation medal. 

Cost of mounting them is eye watering