Channel 4 stop and search film

notapoliceforum

Channel 4 aired Stop and search the other night.

Interestingly, one incident never had the searched logged off the four individuals who were searched, and no body worn camera footage was given, six seconds I think the legal rep said there was available. Supposedly a line manager was looking over the incident related to the police who searched the young guys. There was only the footage from the white guy of the search.

While the searches and encounters may have reasons for them, a few of them looked out of place. The police were in the wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Channel 4 did upload a snippet.

Yes. Sometimes the police are in the wrong. Most of the time they are in the right. Police allegedly in the wrong makes for better TV and press than doing it right. I’ve never seen the headlines ‘Cops swoop on burglar, conduct a lawful search under Sec 1 PACE and recover stolen property.’ 
Stop and search is an emotive subject and has and will continue to be discussed to death. I can’t imagine this thread moving those discussions on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BizzieBee said:

Yes, we’ve seen and heard the biased, edited footage. Are you able to provide any from sources whom are white? We’re acutely aware that black people don’t like authority and being challenged. See: ‘Deaths in their troves, London’. 

Yet another recording which does not show any of the conduct leading up to the stop or the conduct prior. It only commences with the accused on the floor being restrained.  The man had a hood put over his head, now that would be a spit hood which would not have been used for no purpose. What it does include is footage of his mother filming herself, whilst driving and looking directly at the recording device.  She has concern for her son but not really about other road users.

At the moment there appears to be a movement which just wants to criticise Police for just about everything.

There are some people who just object, from the outset, at being spoken to by Police.

• Like 1

Well there was one case, where one guy was white, with some black guys. So that unfortunately isn't available yet, hopefully it will. But the police did say, he didn't match the description.

The body camera footage was six seconds of one encounter, I mentioned that in the first post. It may of been that that. I saw the film when it aired, but I've forgotten what happened.

Stop and search works in driving down street crime and the carriage of stolen or unlawful items. 

The country needs more of it not less. 

Im sure someone will argue it doesn’t, but history tells us otherwise, in fact it’s so effective it’s why militaries use it in conflict zones to deny the enemy Freedom of movement. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, notapoliceforum said:

Well there was one case, where one guy was white, with some black guys. So that unfortunately isn't available yet, hopefully it will. But the police did say, he didn't match the description.

The body camera footage was six seconds of one encounter, I mentioned that in the first post. It may of been that that. I saw the film when it aired, but I've forgotten what happened.

Yeah well I saw this programme once, I think, where this girl said her friend’s cousin got told about this man who got stopped by the police and he hadn’t even done nothing wrong. 
I may have misremembered it but the man may have been black so that just shows how racist the police are.