Social media boycott: Football clubs, players & sporting bodies begin protest

Equin0x

https://www.bbc.com/sport/56936797

Football clubs, players, athletes and a number of sporting bodies have begun a four-day boycott of social media in an attempt to tackle abuse and discrimination on their platforms.

Dave SYP

I don’t use any of them.  Apart from WhatsApp this is the only social networking site I belong to. I have never used them and can’t see anything about them that would benefit me, except perhaps sharing what I had for breakfast of course 🙄😁  I don’t think the 4 day boycott will make much difference to the hardened users and abusers of the sites. 

Zulu 22

I am like Dave SYP I just do not see what level headed people see in the Social Media. The only Social Media that I subscribe to is Police Community and I have been registered with that since its inception. what It will make no difference to the abusers, they will continue. A short break from social media for a few days will make no impact. An alternative take a break for at least 12 months, the abusers will be fed up with no one to abuse.

BlueBob
1 hour ago, Dave SYP said:

I don’t use any of them.  Apart from WhatsApp this is the only social networking site I belong to. I have never used them and can’t see anything about them that would benefit me, except perhaps sharing what I had for breakfast of course 🙄😁  I don’t think the 4 day boycott will make much difference to the hardened users and abusers of the sites. 

I wonder how consistent and consolidated they will be and who will break first with some inane comments

and by the way @Dave SYP + surely you’re not going to leave us hanging in suspense after that nugget of intrigue🙈😳😳😳😳😳

• Like 1
Dave SYP

Well, it was just fruit this morning (no pics though) 😂

Yes, it’ll be someone who courts controversy who races to the fore no doubt. 🙄

Zulu 22
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dave SYP said:

Pineapple and Mango's, followed by Figs and Prunes 😄🥵  🏃‍♂️

Edited by Zulu 22
  • Haha 1
Father Jack
1 hour ago, Dave SYP said:

1 hour ago, Zulu 22 said:

Pineapple and Mango's, followed by Figs and Prunes 😄🥵

Very healthy, guys. I'm feeling a bit guilty for having a bacon sandwich and a coffee.😂

• Haha 3