Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
Braveheart2009

Child Accusations

Braveheart2009

How serious do the police take child accusations?

If you're working in or visiting a public place such as a museum and library you often encounter bad ill mouthed children who have been taught no manners by their parents and make various allegations which they tell the police so and so barred me from going into the library forced me out etc

What is the best way to deal with these kids without Police involvement or cant you escape it without Police intervention.

Dan!Dan!Dan!

Don't phone the Police, call this guy......

the-child-catcher-4.jpg?w=584

• Like 2

Member Achievements

Braveheart2009

is that Nanny Mcphee's other half?

Dan!Dan!Dan!

No, much nastier.

Member Achievements

Otee

If you're working in or visiting a public place such as a museum and library you often encounter bad ill mouthed children who have been taught no manners by their parents and make various allegations which they tell the police so and so barred me from going into the library forced me out etc

What is the best way to deal with these kids without Police involvement or cant you escape it without Police intervention.

The age of criminal responsibility is 10. Younger than that, you'll have to see if you can submit a complaint to the library in question and get it appealed.

Otherwise, it is an offence of perverting the course of justice but due to their age and vulnerability, it may not be within the public interest to prosecute. If you complain about this behaviour to the police, it is most likely to be dealt with as an anti-social behaviour crime and therefore warnings will be issued several times before any action is taken.

Braveheart2009

A complaint to the library? It's the children who are making false accusations and bad mouthing staff and bullying staff making their jobs hard. There is CCTV coverage so enough evidence to prosecute. Warning several times in my view doesn't sort the problem out a ban is required after 2 warnings in my view?

Reasonable Man

Braveheart seems to have a lot of problems with neighbours, ex's and random children making false allegations. He/she suggests on the other thread that 'everyone' suffers this.

If I was him/her I think I would move to an area where such accusations are not made.

Sent from me using witchcraft

Member Achievements

Dan!Dan!Dan!

What are you accusing him/her of?

Member Achievements

Reasonable Man

Living in an area where lots of people make false accusations.

Member Achievements

swkirk

Surely if they have informed the police themselves (either the kids or their parents) then the police are involved already. Clearly it would depend what kids are saying/doing but would a prosecution happen? who knows.

As for how seriously they take child accusations I would say very depending on what the accusation is. It depends what you mean by barring them or forcing them out. If someone has physically stopped or removed the kids from somewhere they could be in hot water. Putting hands on kids regardless of behaviour of the kids or the intent of the individual removing/stopping them is not a good idea CCTV can help but if a kid gets hurt or a hand goes somewhere it shouldn't then things can get nasty very quickly for someone trying to get them out.

If police been involved and no action taken I would suggest it is a public space and if council owned/managed it is up to them to deal with, not the police. If causing damage or a nuisance contacting police to deal with them best idea but I wouldn't expect them carted off to court.

I like the idea of using the childcatcher as suggested by sub-seven but I prefer Daniel O'Donnell being played real loud. If the kids survive that you need the army not the police.

Member Achievements

Braveheart2009

Braveheart seems to have a lot of problems with neighbours, ex's and random children making false allegations. He/she suggests on the other thread that 'everyone' suffers this.

If I was him/her I think I would move to an area where such accusations are not made.

You're wrong this is the general public. Not just in this country. Why should I move pay me to move. My work, business, and friends are here.

What are you accusing him/her of?

Bullying. Because he is a child he knows he will get away with it and the police will take it less seriously even with CCTV and just say their only kids leave them alone while putting the public and staff in mental stress and some staff and members of the public leave should they be compensated for the distress is another question? Many companies compensate for distress and inconvenience.

Living in an area where lots of people make false accusations.

The whole country is like that the typical oh he's a Muslim is name is Ahmed is must be a terrorist. That is a false accusation don't tell me you don't believe that if you living in the real world.

Dan!Dan!Dan!

Does your carer know that you are on the computer again?

Member Achievements

Braveheart2009

Does your carer know that you are on the computer again?

What makes you think I have a carer or require one?

Dan!Dan!Dan!

Because that is how you come over on this forum.

Member Achievements

Braveheart2009

Because that is how you come over on this forum.

What I need supervision from someone else?