C1/D1 Hazard perception

Mayday

Heya guys, I've got my C1/D1 Hazard Perception test next week and I'm failing to see any decent online practice tests. Can anyone recommend any?

Thanks in advance!

We give out the official DSA hazard perception DVD to officers we put forward for testing.

We give out the official DSA hazard perception DVD to officers we put forward for testing.

Really? That wasn't offered at any point!

I completed the d1 hazard perception around 6 months ago. It's very similar to the car one, only longer. There are plenty of car tests available.

Really? That wasn't offered at any point!

It all depends on whether you command want you to pass first time. I find it somewhat pointless to say to someone you need to do XYZ to become a response driver/carrier driver now crack and buy the study material yourself. If I had some spare I would lend you one, but they are all out and I've got to go and buy some more today due to demand.

I completed the d1 hazard perception around 6 months ago. It's very similar to the car one, only longer. There are plenty of car tests available.

I did mine as well and got grades higher than those needed to be an instructor.

However as I was coming back to the test centre after an hour of what was a very good and relaxed test I clipped the kerb and the guy failed me. Just as well really due to health reasons I wouldn't have been able to drive one now anyway 

In my force/region lots of officers fail hazard perception first AND second time round according to the examiners.

Apparently it's common because we click too soon as we anticipate the hazard (because we get very good at anticipating hazards for general situations and blue light runs) and click before the DVLA classes it as a hazard...

Or at least that was the feedback I got after failing the hazard perception for clicking too soon...

Edited by Burnie

It all depends on whether you command want you to pass first time. I find it somewhat pointless to say to someone you need to do XYZ to become a response driver/carrier driver now crack and buy the study material yourself. If I had some spare I would lend you one, but they are all out and I've got to go and buy some more today due to demand.

Apparently they've all been given out and not handed back in yet.

As stated, it's pretty much the same as the car hazard perception just twice as many questions. Good luck, it's really not that hard.

Hazard perception is pretty much identical and you can do some practice ones for the car test online. There are lots of online sites to practice the theory test questions and a couple of free apps for iPhone which were very helpful for me when I did mine

studied the official large vehicle DSA book for 2 weeks.

Smashed the exam yesterday with top marks. So shocked lol.

Now to wait for new course dates.